XF Forum banner

New XF 3.0 Diesel Premium Luxury Owner

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Jacku 
#1 ·
Hi I have just bought my first XF after lusting after them for years. It is a grey 2012. Im over the moon with it. A silly question but how does everyone wash their Jags ? In the owners manual it tells you not to use drive through car washes and that power washers might do damage. Thanks in advance, Jacky

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum Jack. I'm not aware of any special requirements in washing, so go with what your pocket can afford. I do agree that using a drive through with rotating brushes made from sandpaper would be really bad, but that goes for any car. You could try one of those 'cheap' hand washes where you sit in the car while minions buzz around getting the dirt off, or pay more and get a detailer to give it a wash and polish. If you're up for it, you could buy an inexpensive pressure wash, a bucket (with grit filter), a few different microfibre cloths and do it yourself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.