XF Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
ive spent hours reading trying to sort this in my head , it may well have been asked before so i do apologise .
im about to pick up a rather nice 2014 sport brake S it has 19 s fitted
I think 20s look better but know the ride will be compromised
as long as they are 20s from an XF I presume any fit
thanks
Phil

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
not necessarily - there were two sizes (I'm aware of) for 20' - wider for XFR model and bit narrower for all other variants of XF. if you haven't got XFR then look for '20x8.5J' size.

and why ride would be compromised on 20's? its perfectly fine, for me, much better than on volvo's 18s i had previously

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not necessarily - there were two sizes (I'm aware of) for 20' - wider for XFR model and bit narrower for all other variants of XF. if you haven't got XFR then look for '20x8.5J' size.

and why ride would be compromised on 20's? its perfectly fine, for me, much better than on volvo's 18s i had previously
Thanks for the insight mate , it was the dealer that explained the harsh ride .
I wouldn’t know the difference coming from a Discovery 3 full air sus .don’t feel anything.
One point i would to ask is the wheel size same front / back with just tyre sizes changing or all tyres same size
thanks
Phil

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool
i will be upgrade to 20 s when I need new tyres as it’s coming with quite new tyres ,when a set comes up if the right money I will be on them and fit later

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On non xfr, all wheels/tyres are all the same.

And comparing to disco 3, sure there will be harsher ride, but comparing xf's 19s to 20s, you won't feel a thing i my opinion
Update
picked up our new to us XF Sportbrake
not sure why but the wheels look fine ,I thought they looked skinny and not in scale with the car but it looks great

1 - 6 of 6 Posts