XF Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a nice sunny day today in the west midlands, so I got out the jet wash and buckets etc. and tried out my new Wheel cleaning woollies which I purchased from flea bay, they were a bit expensive but they are basically a woolly head on a long plastic stick handle, there are 3 different sizes in the pack , the largest is big enough to reach the back of the alloy from the front, through the spokes and not scuff your knuckles in the process.. the first wheel I sprayed with a wheel cleaner and it did the job a treat, but I thought why use expensive cleaner, so I sprayed the wheel with the detergent in the jet wash spray bottle and just scrubbed away, they all came up a treat and are cleaner than when I picked the car up from the garage after they valeted it, the two smaller ones will have uses on the car, like cleaning around the blades on the spoiler or the back of the mirrors and the sides of the boot rim where the leaves collect. They cost a whopping 37 quid for the 3, but I am thinking they must be available as a single item from somewhere, even if its the states, it was tough cleaning the front wheels due to the size of the callipers but if you are prepared to clean half, and turn the wheel half a revolution it will be easier.. the back wheels were a doddle due to the smaller diameter disc and calliper.
after I cleaned the car, I wiped it all over with a micro fibre towel, and it has no streaks at all, which is marvellous as it looked crap last week after attacking it with a chamois. I noticed that after cleaning alloys on my car, van and the missus`s car, there was one woollen thread adrift on the brush , so I hope they will last at least a year, by then I will have sourced a cheaper way of getting them. my next task is to find a good leather cleaner, that will leave a nice sheen, and is easy to apply, I presently use renapur which is very good, but it takes ages to apply.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts