XF Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Nice bit of CGI there...Car looks good so far. Very modern approach rather than the "good to be bad "tosh. Does it suit the brand? Not sure? Think there's some undisguised photos online somewhere now as well.

M

Maybe be an ex xf'er soon!

·
Administrator
22,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On another thread Jaguar explain their market ambitions in America where the SUV is king.
Maybe the video has that market in its sights ? Young and brash :D

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
On another thread Jaguar explain their market ambitions in America where the SUV is king.
Maybe the video has that market in its sights ? Young and brash :D
Young to old I should think. U.S. total cars YTD 5 million, total SUV/Crossover 4 million up 12.5% Wall Street Journal Europe Edition today.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Why do they need an expensive factory, when the car auto-assembles on the road?

Why is the video a "Chengdu Motor Show Exclusive", if it's for the Frankfurt Motor Show?

Sadly, I'm probably not going to the Frankfurt Motor Show this year. I have been there with my oldest son for the last three times (2009, 2011 and 2013). Normally we spend a weekend there visiting all Saturday and Sunday. My son, who is now 20, has just moved away from home to study, and find it hard to find the time. I had hoped to get a few days off from work, but that hadn't been possible. Otherwise my wife would probably have joined me, so we could see Frankfurt as well. I'm not sure, it will be fun to go there all alone. It's a long trip either driving 800 km each way or flying just for two days. And it's not exactly free either. It's a pity this year with the new XF, the F-Pace and even the XE, which I have tried, but would like to experience more.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
2016 Jaguar F-Pace SUV revealed

After months of teasing, Jaguar has finally released a picture of the finished F-Pace, the first SUV in its 80-year history

Jaguar's image of the F-Pace has a Shanghai backdrop, with China set to be one of the biggest markets for the caThe F-Pace is the production version of the C-X17 concept, which Jaguar displayed in 2013. And its looks and proportions clearly remain faithful to the show car's.

Ian Callum, Jaguar's director of design, explained: “We received such an overwhelmingly positive response to the C-X17 concept that we just had to make it a reality.
Under the skin the F-Pace uses the same lightweight aluminium structure as Jaguar's new XE and XF saloons, so efficiency should be comparable with the best luxury SUVs. However, the company has also borrowed expertise from its sister brand Land Rover for the all-wheel-drive system.

Prices will start at about £30,000, meaning the F-Pace will compete with the Audi Q5, BMW X3 and Land Rover DiscoverySport, while more expensive versions will also take on the PorscheMacan.
Jaguar has previously only shown the F-Pace as a concept and a disguised prototype

Buyers will be able to choose from 2.0- and 3.0-litre petrol and diesel engines, and there is also likely to be a high-performance R version with a supercharged 5.0-litre V8.

However, unlike the Discovery Sport, the F-Pace won't be available with seven seats.
Jaguar's decision to break from tradition and build an SUV makes a lot of sense given the popularity of these high-riding models. The company sold just 81,000 cars globally in 2014, while in the UK the figure was a paltry 15,000.

Such volumes simply aren’t enough to sustain it in the long-term; Jaguar’s German rivals Audi and BMW shifted 158,000 and 148,000 respectively in the UK in 2014, and both sold more than 1.5 million cars globally.
The F-Pace will be built in Solihull alongside larger Land Rover products and the Jaguar XE, and it will go on sale in early 2016.
Before then, Jaguar will reveal more details at this year's Frankfurt show, and we will be reporting live from the press day on September 15. The show is open to the general public from September 17-27

Sorry about the pictures. Cut and Paste does not seem to like them . Today's Daily a Telegraph if interested.

·
Administrator
22,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The company sold just 81,000 cars globally in 2014, while in the UK the figure was a paltry 15,000.
Did I read that right "a paltry 15000" :?:

·
Administrator
22,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As you were Bernard I have found the source :)

4 September 2015 • 7:00am

Steve Huntingford Editor, Telegraph Cars

For months, Jaguar has been drip feeding the world information about it new F-Pace – the first SUV in its history. But now, a week before the car's official unveil at the Frankfurt motor show, we have the first picture of the finished product.
The F-Pace is the production version of the C-X17 concept, which Jaguar displayed in 2013. And its looks and proportions clearly remain faithful to the show car's.

Ian Callum, Jaguar's director of design, explained: “We received such an overwhelmingly positive response to the C-X17 concept that we just had to make it a reality.

Under the skin the F-Pace uses the same lightweight aluminium structure as Jaguar's new XE and XF saloons, so efficiency should be comparable with the best luxury SUVs. However, the company has also borrowed expertise from its sister brand Land Rover for the all-wheel-drive system.

Prices will start at about £30,000, meaning the F-Pace will compete with the AudiQ5, BMW X3 and Land Rover Discovery Sport, while more expensive versions will also take on the Porsche Macan.

Jaguar has previously only shown the F-Pace as a concept and a disguised prototype

Buyers will be able to choose from 2.0- and 3.0-litre petrol and diesel engines, and there is also likely to be a high-performance R version with a supercharged 5.0-litre V8.

However, unlike the Discovery Sport, the F-Pace won't be available with seven seats.
Jaguar's decision to break from tradition and build an SUV makes a lot of sense given the popularity of these high-riding models. The company sold just 81,000 cars globally in 2014, while in the UK the figure was a paltry 15,000.

Such volumes simply aren’t enough to sustain it in the long-term; Jaguar’s German rivals Audi and BMW shifted 158,000 and 148,000 respectively in the UK in 2014, and both sold more than 1.5 million cars globally.
The F-Pace will be built in Solihull alongside larger Land Rover products and the Jaguar XE, and it will go on sale in early 2016.

Before then, Jaguar will reveal more details at this year's Frankfurt show, and we will be reporting live from the press day on September 15. The show is open to the general public from September 17-27.

The cars the Jaguar F-Pace has to beat

Audi Q5 review

BMW X3 review

Land Rover Discovery Sport review

·
Administrator
22,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Forgive me for saying so Baron but the car above at the entry price reminds me again of that damned Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV again :D

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Peter I knew it's what the paper said but I wanted to get confirmation. I found Jaguar's own figures confirming the 81,000 and you beat me to it. UK sales must be correct then. Nice to have a sugar daddy it seems.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
The cars the Jaguar F-Pace has to beat
Audi Q5 review
BMW X3 review
Land Rover Discovery Sport review
looking at pics, f-pace beats them all. obviously it's more to that than how it looks, but it 'won' me on a first sight. if it's going to be comparable to them in any other respect, it will be Jaguar's big success

1 - 13 of 13 Posts