XF Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Being new to the site forgive me if this has been questioned before.

I have queried with my dealer the fact that on stoping my car there is a tremendous amount of cooling down noise from underneath. i know this is normal for a hot car but the amount there is concerns me. This is often but not always couplled with a slight burning smell. I am not sure it it is connected but the amount of brake dust on the rear wheels seems strange compared to what I would call anormal amount on the front wheels.

I like to drive the car but am not a manic just normal speeds (most of the time)

The dealer has checked the car and given it a clean bill of health so maybe no need for the query but I'd be grateful to hear if this is something you can relate to. Please let me know.

As a maater of interest the dealer who I know well have offered to buy my 58 reg back at full price if I buy another this month - food for thought!!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Sounds to me like the car may have been in its 'DPF Regen' mode. (Diesel Particulate Filter Regeneration). Assuming that it is a 2.7 car? Has this only happened once or twice?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks gents

That sounds on the right lines and not linked to the brake dust which as I read elsewhere on the forum seems to be a hot topic. Yes it is a 2.7 by the way but could be a 3.0 by the end of the month if the dealer will honour his word!!

Thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts