XF Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
After years of having company cars I said farewell to the HMRC and it’s benefit in kind charges and bought myself a one owner low miles XF S Portfolio. So far I love it and am getting used to the older in car technology. One thing I’d like to ask is, do the radio systems have updates as I am having trouble tuning in radio stations on the DAB function?

many thanks Ian.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, my daughter has purchased her company car Jaguar XF R Sport 16 plate 163bhp model, she has had it from new got 52k miles on it and has been pretty good so when it came for renewal she kept it, sadly this means I have to source the bits and bobs and arrange service and do checks etc, all the things a Dad does :) I thought speaking to the folks on here may be useful as I own Freelander2 and find the people on that forum very helpful, so I look forward to joining in the conversation with everyone Cheers Tony

·
Registered
Jaguar XF S Portfolio 2009
27 Posts
Hi all,
After years of having company cars I said farewell to the HMRC and it’s benefit in kind charges and bought myself a one owner low miles XF S Portfolio. So far I love it and am getting used to the older in car technology. One thing I’d like to ask is, do the radio systems have updates as I am having trouble tuning in radio stations on the DAB function?

many thanks Ian.
Hello and welcome
I have the same model, I only got it last week, a 2009 S with 50,000 miles in Gunmetal Grey. A bit disappointed that it is missing voice control but there are other compensations. I do not have a problem with DAB. The satnav was way out of date but that was easy to update via eBay Disc purchase. My car has one fault that I am aware of, the dashboard leather covering has shrunk. Enjoy your car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello and welcome
I have the same model, I only got it last week, a 2009 S with 50,000 miles in Gunmetal Grey. A bit disappointed that it is missing voice control but there are other compensations. I do not have a problem with DAB. The satnav was way out of date but that was easy to update via eBay Disc purchase. My car has one fault that I am aware of, the dashboard leather covering has shrunk. Enjoy your car.
Hi Alan, what year was the updated disc? I am wondering if a 2020 one would be compatible.
many thanks Ian.

·
Registered
Jaguar XF S Portfolio 2009
27 Posts
Hi Alan, what year was the updated disc? I am wondering if a 2020 one would be compatible.
many thanks Ian.
Hello Ian,
I am not sure if my understanding is correct but I think that the sat nav System is quite different in later cars and maps are not compatible. my disc is a 2018 edition and I do not think anything later will work. What year is your car?
Alan of Buckley

1 - 7 of 7 Posts