XF Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum and new to Jaguar. Had my XF for a week and so far i'm enjoying the experience. I like to tinker with my vehicles and like to customise things to better suit me. Im hoping this will be a great place for help and advice

Jaguar XF 3.0 D S Portfolio

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for the welcomes guys, Its warming to get a greeting on a first post

Im currently Enjoying my first Jag and soon will be starting a few upgrades. I've already started with some Tweaks to the HID Headlights...Which were woefully adjusted and way to low.

From a flat level floor, I measured from the ground up to the centre of the lens, transferred the measurement to a wall minus about 50mm, and marked this off with some insulation tape. I backed the car up about 7 Metres and turned the 6mm green Hex key screw until the sharp cut off line of light met the bottom of my tape. just over 2 turns of adjustment! Now the lights are awesome, and I'm totally sure that I'm not dazzling other drivers.

Next up.... I want better reversing light as I regularly have to back down a lane about 100m at night. My old Mondeo Mk4.5 had much better lights when reversing.

Then I plan on a full interior LED upgrade. Fist I have to list all the lamps I need, including the glove box and an ultra bright one or an extra one in the boot, and find LED replacements specifically in a 4500k white. I cant stand the blue tinged ones.

At the same time Ill probably upgrade the "ambient" lights, and add some extra ones in the same shade of turquoise as found in the front doors. So far I plan on adding them to the rear doors, and all 4 footwells though I want those to be very subtle.

Then plan to do the 4500k LED's in the puddle lights and window tints all round 35% rear 75% front.

I'm also looking into Remaps, as I've done all my past diesels and the results have always been worth while. I've had very good results with both Celtic Tuning and Viezu in the past, and both of those offer Similar power output maps for the XF 3.0D S. offering a stage 1 map that results in a 50bhp and 70ft/lb boost to engine performance. If anyone has any good mapping experience with these engines and can advise on a different company, I'm open to ideas. I don't plan on getting the map done before September. besides I need to get a service done first.

Any one know if there is any software updated for the touchscreen? as sometimes it feels a little laggy.

Just 1 more Question.... from the pic above...Can anyone tell me the name of the alloy wheels I have... they are 20"

Cheers all. Looking forward to ides and discussion.

Registered
Upgrades did you say? Great! Please post pictures. Were simple folk here and love ogling at Jag photos.
With regards the ambient light upgrade, you should check out Hilton's YouTube channel, he has videos of this process. Linky

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So all the original interior Lights are upgraded to 4500k LED's and is looking much smarter.
I've done the puddle lamps, rear number plate and boot light with the same colour.
I have also upgrader the front footwells to Ice blue LED's but added a light yellow filter over them to make the colour a better match with the front door ambient Lights.

Anyone had any success upgrading the reverse Light to LED for better vision when reversing? What LED did you use?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts