XF Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all, I joined the forum a few months ago and have been lurking in the background but first post here. We purchased a 2013 XF Sportbrake in Polaris White in July. Preivoulsy had Volvo's and the main car a 2016 V40 Hatch was too small for the new addition in the family. I have always had estates (v70 T5 and V50 T5) but hte wife didnt like driving them. So we picked up the Jag and very impressed with it. Really good handling and lovely to be in. It is the 2.2d 200bhp unfortunately. It was the only white (wifes request) lower mileage in our area at the time and we needed the car quickly. I would have prefered the V6 , although if I really had my way i would have got the XFR-S :) as i love a fast esate.

Now for the question. I have picked up some genuine Jag roof bars and a kayak rack, however my question is what do people do with the rubber strip when they are using racks/boxes? do you cut the rubber strip to siuit the location of the items you have on the bars, or just take it out when you have something bolted to the roof? We will be getting a roof box and bike racks too for holidays, but wont be amny time soon.

Cheers

·
Registered
238 Posts
The rubber strips are there to present noise being generated in what is in effect a whistle at speed. I cut mine so they would cover the caps in the rack after mounting it om the car. Worth the extra labour

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, i will give it a try without the rubber strips in, as it will be for short journeys to begin with. and to be honest i dont know if i will keep the bars on the car when we arent using the roof rack anyway but lets see how it goes. We have alloy roof rails, the feet clamps seem well padded with rubber, so no chances of damage to the car rails i presume?

·
Registered
238 Posts
It should be ok, though I only keep it on when needed, myself. I see the autothingy that makes spelling mistakes has corrupted my last post: caps should be gaps and present should be present...

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
It should be ok, though I only keep it on when needed, myself. I see the autothingy that makes spelling mistakes has corrupted my last post: caps should be gaps and present should be present...
"Prevent" ;-)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts