·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

Hi
Picked this up today 09 portfolio
Needs a bit of TLC
It’s got an issue saying no fuel but have already found that should be an easy fix or if not the warranty will sort it.
Anything I need to look out for? Would you bother with the newer sat nav disc or just find a good phone mount and use waze?
thanks
Mike

·
Registered
2009 XF 2.7 Azure Blue Metallic
91 Posts
Hi, welcome.
You mentioned if you should get a new disc. I obtained a new disc about a year ago for my car. Works ok but not the best interface around. However if you use mobile nothing wrong with google maps.
What I used prior was a subscription to TomTom Go available from the play store. You can get £1.99 month 6 months or up to 1 year for £12.99. Cancel anytime and it gives regular updates with free download maps of other countries included. The interface is better than the Jag if you use navigation regularly. it's a proper navigation aid and a good alternative to a dedicated dash mount sat nav check it out..;)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Welcome!
I upgraded my satnav, it"s just to be independent of the phone. I mostly use google maps, very happy with them and not least: I use multiple vehicles and the google maps is always updated and with me.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
it sits over the right vent, next to steering wheel. on your xf where the red dot is:

Vehicle Car Gear shift Motor vehicle Automotive mirror

stuck with 3m sticky tape, surface doesn't need to be flat, it will hold even at angled surface as it is in xf. it is very small holder so doesn't take a lot of space so fits there nicely. magnets are very strong. would recommend to anyone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts