XF Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Jaguar XE R Sport
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I’m currently a Jaguar XE driver via my company car scheme. With Covid they’ve decided not to replace company cars when they expire - which leaves me needing to sort my own car. I’m after an XF Sportbrake with the 250 or 300ps engine.

The dream is a caesium blue r sport with piano black trim inside and meridian sound system upgrade. However none of these are available and they’ll be outside my max budget of £24k.

my question is can the wood trim on a portfolio be removed to either be replaced with a more modern colour trim or be painted / wrapped? If so that makes caesium blue more do-able in budget and rareity.

·
Registered
Jaguar XE R Sport
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks - I’d drawn a blank on them but maybe I searched on the incorrect key words - will have another look.

·
Registered
Jaguar XE R Sport
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link - that car looks like good value. Just not a Sportbrake unfortunately!

·
Registered
Jaguar XE R Sport
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the comments above - looked at various videos and posts and reckon the wood can be changed out. Door cards to be removed to get the wood trim off - they just unclip at the back. Trim round the gear selector just pops off with a trim remover tool. One round the top of the dash also do-able - you prise off the Jaguar badge in the middle which uncovers a t20 (I think) Torx bolt. I do that then both sides can be I clipped - there are 3 clips holding them in.

So I’m tempted to go portfolio just for a caesium blue car and then change the wheels for something nicer as well (still 18” probably).

will probably try to buy spare wood trims and send them somewhere like wicked coatings for them to be changed to piano black or like a carbon effect perhaps. Just not wood! Then take my time doing a couple of doors at a time as it looks a doddle to get the door cards off.

Probably also leaves a bit of budget for a stage 1 remap to the 250ps petrol engine if I think it needs it after driving it for a while 🥰

1 - 4 of 4 Posts