XF Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
new on here, dont personally own a jag xf, but my wife does , and has done for a couple of years, its a 2016 2.0 diesel automatic and has been a brilliant car and she loves it.
Last week the dreaded wrong def message came no engine restart in 500 miles appeared again. last time it appeared had to take it to main dealer in Northern Ireland as we had no internet having just moved house/ country and were waiting for telephone company to connect us to internet (they never did so now getting web through a wireless signal from a windmill)
Any way managed to get rid of message this time ( that saved £600) but noticed that its going to need front brakes and discs .
I realize that probably the best place for questions like this would be the technical forum but not able to post there, are there any special tools or electronic gadgetry that I need to have to hand before attemting to change the front discs and pads. have most hand tools , mechanical is not a problem but when it comes to anything that involves electronics then that terrifies me
Is there a guide to doing simple jobs like this on here, tried doing a search on site but didn,t find anything for this model but would it be right to guess that its fairly generic to Jaguar
Paul

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
hi and welcome :)

nothing special required, check out this brilliant write up by one of the members Changing Brake pads and Discs – Jag XF (With pictures) | XF Forum, it's for earlier model but process will be the same, with potential difference being allen screw size and epb procedure if you changing rear pads

if you can't get there, let me know

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tthanks for the welcome and link.to blondebimbo's writeup seems like a fairly simple job on the front, the back pads and discs were done last time the wife wa\s in Scotland. will order the parts today if I can get them delivered here or the north, if not will get them sent to her sisters and she can bring them when she comes for her holiday

1 - 4 of 4 Posts