XF Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK here's a new one.

Used the Sat Nav properly for the first time the other day. ( I actually found the navigation OK) but If I have the Navigation on as well as my ipod the system decides to shut down and reboot at random intervals.

The whole system shuts down, screen goes blank, the Jaguar logo screen then comes up, and the ipod starts playing again. I then have to go back into Nav again and "agree" where it continues the Nav until the next time it shuts down which could be any length of time - sometimes straight away - sometimes 20 minutes. On a long journey it happened the whole way seemingly at random.

Sounds like a prob for the dealer to sort (although it sounds hard to track down) anyone else heard of this issue?

·
Registered
17 Posts
No, not had a problem with this. I have used the navigation along side an ipod touch many times and had no issues.

Are you using an ipod or iphone for music. I have heard the iphone software has some integration issues with the jaguar, which the ipod does not.

·
Administrator
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm using the iphone and it works really well.

Its only when the sat nav is active that the system shuts down.

·
Administrator
22,496 Posts
XF Admin said:
I'm using the iphone and it works really well.

Its only when the sat nav is active that the system shuts down.
I tried mine out tonight and I did not have any problems at all.
I wonder if you would benefit from upgrading the firmware on the iPhone again?
I am using V 2.0.01 which does provide the same firmware as a 3G.
If you are unlocked and want to try it do not use iTunes for the upgrade you will need a custom install.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Sounds like it might be an issue with the Iphone to me. I know Jaguar are working on a fix for the Iphone 3G but what it fixes im not sure.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, may I ask do the air vents close as well, as I had this problem and Colliers Tamworth (Who are fantastic) resolved the problem for me and I can advise on things to check.

·
Administrator
22,496 Posts
  • I
bazzvapour said:
Hi, may I ask do the air vents close as well, as I had this problem and Colliers Tamworth (Who are fantastic) resolved the problem for me and I can advise on things to check.
Is this matter connected to the thread :?:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, I had the exact same issue IE sat nav off,audio off but my air vents closed as well, which is why I asked and it was all very random.
Barry

·
Administrator
22,496 Posts
bazzvapour said:
Yes, I had the exact same issue IE sat nav off,audio off but my air vents closed as well, which is why I asked and it was all very random.
Barry
Are you saying that you were driving along quite happily and without any action on your part the Navigation system shut down and the air vents closed and an ipod device is attached :?: :?

·
Administrator
22,496 Posts
Well I am afraid that the difficulty may remain if it is connected to the use of an external device.
I wonder if there will be an increased amount of dissatisfaction with the audio system if used with the new iPods announced this weekend. All of the new models may be modified in someway to overcome various concerns of Apple and of course this may set up a conflict within the audio system which is not Apple's immediate concern :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts