XF Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Thought I'd introduce myself. New member from Derby.

Got a 2016 2.0D R-Sport. Owned since November 2019, so with lockdown and work from home done 12k miles when I'd of normally done 35-40k.

Car had full dealer history and then I took it to a Castrol garage near me, as the costs are considerably less, but it's an audited Castrol dealer and warranties the engine for a year after.

I purchased the 160bhp for cheap road tax and then had a remap to 210bhp. Car is much nicer.

After a nail in tyre and stock Pirelli side walls cracking, threw Avon's on all around. Can't complain about them.

Car has beautiful 'piano' seats but had no lumbar support, so I installed a Recaro hand pump one for c£30.

I have issues with Bluetooth disconnecting on the basic infotainment but believe it's due to my Google Pixel 5, as no previous phone causes the issue. Need to look at ways to upgrade software without going to a main dealer. I use to work for the Pendragon Plc group and hate them, so avoid at all cost!

The other toy is a Honda CBR600RR 2005 that I've owned for the last 5 years

·
Registered
319 Posts
Welcome to the forum KH.
Give us a review of the results of the remap. Are you able to give a before and after account of mpg, etc?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey,

I had it done within a week of buying it, so can't remember exact spec. It went from 160bhp to 200bhp, so about 40bhp and 45lbft torque.

Real world it immediately felt much sharper acceleration and gearbox felt smoother during changes and holding power.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts