XF Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I E-mailed Jaguar this morning about when the new colours (specifically Spectrum) will be available and got a very swift reply. Here it is.........
Further to your recent enquiry regarding the external colour on the Jaguar XF, Spectrum Blue is now available to order.
Should you wish to view this colour you either need to contact your local Jaguar dealership or arrange a factory tour, both details are as follows:

Your Local Jaguar Dealership: (Edited)
Factory Tours:
Jaguar Cars - Castle Bromwich (Home of the XJ, XK and the new XF)
Visitors Centre C/4/005
Jaguar Cars Ltd
Chester Road
Castle Vale
Birmingham
B35 7RA
Tel: 02476 205716
Fax: 02476 205755
[email protected]

Don't all rush at once.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've just been up to Castle Bromwich today. Have to say that it's a very pleasant couple of hours. Even my wife was impressed (she had expected to be bored). You can do tours of the XF, XK and XJ plants although with the new XJ to be launched mid-year you might have difficulty arranging a tour until then. I also understand that the XK tour is rather shorter as there's not so much to see.

Apart from the manufacturing process itself it's a good opportunity to see the cars in all their colour / engine / body combinations. (Although a bit late for me.) The robots are amazing and almost human, flinging around body panels without a care in the world (which they haven't, of course).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Indigo/Ivory,
I guess that it was you and your wife who were the other couple in our group of 4 yesterday. I can concur that it was a great visit and a great opportunity to see all the colours available all under one roof, (except the new colours because contrary to information implied by Jaguar info, are not in production yet only available, presumably to order). The only disappointment was that I was looking forward to seeing the paint plant but on reflection it is not surprising, you can’t have a bunch of visitors in there creating a dust. If you haven’t been already, book in, but do it now, if not you’ll have to wait until after July I’m told.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi Graham,

Yes, must have been. Glad you enjoyed it - all the way from Dorset too. Northants is a bit easier. Pity we got stuck on the M6 for three hours due to an overturned tanker.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts