XF Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Jaguar XF 2.7d
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, Been struggling with the usual DSC not available for quite a while. Bought myself an ELM 327 obd 2 reader and downloaded car scanner app. Tend to drive car every other day. After 20 miles I can stop car and run car scanner. Although it doesn't find any faults it does seem to clear something as fault has gone for rest of day. Leave car till next morning and usual fault reappears. It would seem to me that alternator works fine and battery charge is falling beneath 12v. Read 11.7v at obd. I was told by previous owner that battery was replaced, about a year ago now. Noticed securing arm not attached would indicate some sort of activity there. Had jaguar on battery but didn't notice any markings to indicate age. Should I just replace battery to eliminate one possible fault? Any advice would be great, I've had car for about a year, previously had a couple of x types. Regards Steve

·
Registered
2009 Jaguar XF 2.7d
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm thinking the same and reading all the other threads it's a good, cheap starting point I suppose.

·
Registered
405 Posts
11.7 volts is too low to be charging a 12v car battery. Expect to see a nominal voltage of 12.9 on a healthy system. 11.7v could indicate a problem with the alternator, but my guess is the battery is faulty and as you say it's a relatively cheap thing to try first. Let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
2009 Jaguar XF 2.7d
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes will get a battery, thanks for that info regarding voltages. Thank you guys, will update once I get one fitted and ran it for a week

·
Registered
2009 Jaguar XF 2.7d
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Battery reading 14.5 when running, gonna order new battery, any recommendations? higher cca the better I hear

·
Registered
2009 Jaguar XF 2.7d
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Had to replace alternator and have ordered new 019 agm car battery. Once battery comes at the weekend hopefully should remedy faults. Thanks again all for advice. Regards Steve

·
Registered
2009 Jaguar XF 2.7d
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good evening guys, replaced battery and same fault keeps recurring each morning (dsc not available). The passenger door will not lock. Door opens and closes fine, but opens from outside. Can this be draining my battery? Would like to get it sorted once and for all, still great car 😊

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good evening guys, replaced battery and same fault keeps recurring each morning (dsc not available). The passenger door will not lock. Door opens and closes fine, but opens from outside. Can this be draining my battery? Would like to get it sorted once and for all, still great car 😊
Hi Stevie, is there an update to this issue you can share?. I'm having similar issues with drivers door not locking/unlocking plus 'battery not charging' message. Alternator replaced 14 months ago when 'battery not charging' message appeared but its re-appeared so changed the battery but msg not gone away and door issue still occurring.
i think I've numerous unrelated issues all at once.

Thanks
Ian

1 - 12 of 12 Posts