XF Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having been been given a 10th March delivery date, which was delayed to the 16th and then to early this week, Jaguar are now sort of saying they will deliver my car SOMETIME NEXT WEEK. It has been sitting at the factory for two weeks now and I am getting very very cross! In fact I am beginning to think the unthinkable and cancel the damn thing! :x :x :x
Does anyone happen to know what is going on at Castle Bromwich?

·
Registered
281 Posts
This whole delivery saga is nothing short of a shambles. What sort of a third world company am I buying a car from when promised dates are not kept and seem to be moved at will? Certainly didn't ever have problems like this with BMW :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Just heard that car is now being delivered on Weds and I will collect on Saturday. Perhaps they're not third world after all, but hardly professional is it!!!

·
Administrator
22,496 Posts
XFAndy said:
Just heard that car is now being delivered on Weds and I will collect on Saturday. Perhaps they're not third world after all, but hardly professional is it!!!
Is India still a "third world country" or has Tata and others dragged them out :?:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Is India still a "third world country" or has Tata and others dragged them out :?:[/quote]

I wasn't making comment on the company ownership, simply that the whole delivery saga was so poorly handled

·
Registered
176 Posts
I know the whole issue of delivery dates has got a lot of our backs up - and thats putting it mildly - but after speaking to my neighbour who has given such a glowing 'report' on his 2.7 XF, then I am sure that once we have all got our cars, the whole delivery thing will pale into insignificance compared to the future of great driving ahead of us :!:

One thing my neighbour XF'er said, was this car was the best car he has ever had/driven; he said he's had a few quite great cars in his time, including the BMW535 and nothing comes close to XF (in his opinion) :!:

I, for one, cant wait for my XF - even if it does get a bit delayed, I wont be letting that spoil any of the enjoyment to come..... :D

·
Registered
281 Posts
Good post Cleo. I was just getting sooo frustrated and it seemed that nothing was happening other than more delays :eek:

I'm sure you're correct that these delays will all be forgotten and forgiven once the wonderful car is in my hands. 4 days to go and counting the hours. Haven't yet got to counting the minutes til 10.30 on Saturday morning but I daresay will start soon :D :D

·
Registered
176 Posts
I dont intend to count seconds just yet - I dont like the word infinite :!: :shock: :lol: :lol:
As much as waiting pains me, I would rather be in your position; my baby isn't in the starting blocks yet....in fact, build date isnt until Friday :!:

I'm just concentrating on creating other things to look forward to in between now and collection - whenever that is :!: ;) I think the best one is daughters 1st Birthday, but we're even considering changing her party date to the Sunday to ensure we are free for XF collection if its delayed and clashes with original party date :!: :!: Im a bad mommy :oops:

·
Administrator
22,496 Posts
XF FX said:
I dont intend to count seconds just yet - I dont like the word infinite :!: :shock: :lol: :lol:
As much as waiting pains me, I would rather be in your position; my baby isn't in the starting blocks yet....in fact, build date isnt until Friday :!:

I'm just concentrating on creating other things to look forward to in between now and collection - whenever that is :!: ;) I think the best one is daughters 1st Birthday, but we're even considering changing her party date to the Sunday to ensure we are free for XF collection if its delayed and clashes with original party date :!: :!: Im a bad mommy :oops:
This is just for you XF FX :)
I know how you are suffering; the very idea of moving your daughters birthday is not something you want to do. Remember, like entries on Facebook your words may well come back to haunt you in years to come. :eek:

In the meantime, just imagine that you have taken your car, the Botanical Green 3.0L XF, all the way to the top of this mountain road where you can look over the sea to Skye. I promise you, you will feel very calm and you will be so happy :D
P.S. I should say, I moved the sign a few miles up the hill :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
well, that is an absolutely stunning pic.... but I have to say, I think it would be even without the XF :eek: Although the car does make it a perfect shot :!: ... ok prescription has worked - im back to 100% on CHam :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Black goes well with them darned hills :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
176 Posts
had email from dealer this AM, Im feeling positive :D :D :D :arrow:
Hi Cleo

At this stage I am confident of a collection date of 11th April. The fact it is Easter weekend doesn’t present a problem for us.

There is a chance that the car may make it here for the end of March – as soon as I know if that is the case I will let you know.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Fingers crossed it does. Will make for a few more sleepless nights now whilst you wonder if it will :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just been told that build dates for my car are 3rd - 8th April with delivery to dealer on 16th. This fits in just fine with our family ski holiday. Projected date for pick up is now 20th April. Hopefully by then you will all have picked up your new cars and will have sussed everything out. Good luck to you all, you lucky b******s :) :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Spoke to dealer today P***ed off because instead of popping in tomorrow to see car, now been told to expect it within the next 2 weeks or more. They managed to receive dealership demos today but not the important customers car :evil:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Im curious, those that keep getting set backs, are you all pre-DS owners? or are the standard 3.0d being set back too?
Although I have been told what I have, ie all seems ok... there is still time for change :(

·
Administrator
22,496 Posts
SN08 TOM said:
Spoke to dealer today P***ed off because instead of popping in tomorrow to see car, now been told to expect it within the next 2 weeks or more. They managed to receive dealership demos today but not the important customers car :evil:
It may not be as bad as it sounds Tom. Why on earth would a sales person use the phrase "2 weeks or more" :?:
Plainly daft; he could at least speak to the factory in order to discover something more positive :roll:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Car ordered 3.0d. Salesman seemed more excited about their launch event this weekend. When I was supposed to collect my car. :cry:

·
Administrator
22,496 Posts
I understand from Jaguar that with all of the extra effort being made over last weekend and the coming one, they are hoping to be able to clear the delivery backlog by the end of this month.
My dealer tells me that he hasn't seen a 3.00L yet but has had the 5.00L :!:
I suppose if you keep in mind that all the orders were input into the system at about the same time it would be a nightmare to try and prioritise a particular delivery.

·
Administrator
22,496 Posts
SN08 TOM said:
Car ordered 3.0d. Salesman seemed more excited about their launch event this weekend. When I was supposed to collect my car. :cry:
That just about sums it up :evil:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts