XF Forum banner

New 09 reg-if U could choose what would it be?

5K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  Northman 
#1 ·
You can tell im bored at home tonight :!: ;)
Anyway, after seeing the first pics of the 09 XF, with its XUF reg, its made me think what I would hope to get for my XF.
So guys, keeping it fairly realistic for a free reg (so no MY09XFR for example), and using the prefix for the area where you are buying/bought your car from, what would you want you reg to be?

Im buying from Oxford so believe my prefix has to be OD, OE, OX or OV, so with this in mind the reg I would like is:-

OX09OXF

#2 ·
XF FX, If like me personlised registrations turn your head , get one that makes your car stand taller than it already is (and oh boy doesn't it stand tall anyway!).
Hence SNOB TOM :) Please sit back and think because you can then personalise your cars for life.

#4 ·
I simply could not afford a plate based on 09; what would I think in Setember if an XF passed me sporting the plate MY59XFR :?:
No, I will stick with a cherished plate and keep my car shiny so that until Jaguar re-skin it or discontinue the colour, nobody will know, except all of you, that I can't afford the latest :cry:

#5 ·
I agree with you Pekem. Bought my plate at DVLA auction years ago and swap it onto every car so no-one knows its age so can't judg me. What's more everyone tries to guess what it stands for when in fact it's just a random set of letters that looks okay!

#6 ·
When Jaguar announced some two and half years ago (roughly) that the forthcoming replacement for the S-Type would be called the XF I logged onto the DVLA webiste that week.

So I have kept on retention the number that I chose for £250 all in, with the intention of either putting it on a new XF at some point or selling it on for a profit. Unfortunately the number "4" had gone, but I am now the proud owner of an XF in red, with ivory trim and carelia alloys, and the number plate...

J6 GXF

It has had some admiring glances, more for the car I feel than the number plate, as there are very few XFs around these parts... so far. Sorry but I don't have a digital camera and wouldn't have a clue how to upload a photo even if I did have one.

Number plates are always subjective though and I don't criticize anyone who says they are a waste of time and money.

I also own a 10 year old MX-5 of which only 300 were made, kitted out with everything as standard, including a full leather interior and body kit. That has the number J1 ELO. For those who like their music, ELO were/are led by Jeff Lynne. Again, that was a DVLA purchase.

It is interesting to see what is on their sometimes, but it is really for a wet dark winter night when you've nothing better to do. Or am I just sad... :eek:

#8 ·
Surely the latter would cost a pretty penny? I asked my dealer about reg's and he has none available with XF on - I guess they were 'reserved' for those that collected their cars first - I noticed the car reg in the first 09 XF pic was XUF and the car behind his car was JAG...
On dvla my09jag is being sold at a later date, but you can buy MY09XFS for £785.

As I am getting car from Oxford I was hoping for OX0 prefix, but my dealer has only OU0 but the 3 'random' letters he has available and has offered, are my initials, so, although no one else will know they mean anything, they do to me :)

#9 ·
When I started my business 10 yrs ago I bought K17LTS for £300.00 and it looks great. I also have A20NBR

It certainly turns heads, and helps with business at the same time :D

#10 ·
Being that my surname is ODY and owning a butchers shop and our emblem is a pig. I've got the following P16 ODY & P19 ODY on my vans. It makes people smile when the see them. I've also got L9 ODY,L12 ODY, S2 ODY & SN08 TOM :D

#15 ·
Ooooooo, but that would mean I would need a third car!!!

#17 ·
Oh well in that case................................ I am looking forward to the XE comining out in around 2011 so might get it for that :roll:

#18 ·
Here's a nice one for you XF FX, E-bay are currently selling a plate just for you - MI5S FX for only £399 inclusive of all fees :D

Go one type in jaguar xf and you'll see it looking at you on the first page - enjoy!

#21 ·
In answer to the very first post, if you want a free registration that's appropriate, do what I did with my last car and change your name by deed poll instead :p .

Regards

WU55 SNZ

PS Doesn't seem like such a good idea now :cry:

#26 ·
I wasn't able to take part in the DVLA auction online as I was on holiday, but just checked it now that I'm back. JAG 64R went for £1,400 which seems remarkably low to me. 6 XFL, which might have been OK for a V6 XF Luxury, went for £700. I think I'll have a look see next time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.