XF Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I'm getting my XF SV8 this Thursday hopefully :) Pearl grey with spice interior!! I have many questions, and i was hopping u can assist me.

I'm from Dubai, and I wanted to know whether u guys have the same deals/cost in your countries.

The dealer was asking me to change the side peices "Vents", from normal to chrome. It costs around 175 british pound. Is it worth it?

They have also asked me to add 2 light blue lights next to the doors step from the inside. So whenever u open ur door "front doors only" that thingy will show "JAGUAR" next to ur foot. This costs around 476 british pound. Should i go for it?

They also mentioned that if i dont get them prior to getting my car, then the cost will be hight by 30% !!

Is there anything to add to the engine to increase the sound of the engine? Like CatBack or anything else??

I guess thats all i have for now.

Thanks alot :)

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Hi hambaa,
Welcome to the forum :)
Thursday will be a great day :lol:
I have the Chrome side vents and they are much admired so I would say go for them.
The blue door trim is something else. I can't say that they get noticed really; if they are pointed out they are admired but I sometimes think that if people knew what they cost they would think me a nut for having them.
As for tinkering with the engine; why not just enjoy the car as it is and remove the temptation of your insurers loading the premium and also ensuring that the Jaguar warranty is not jeopardised in any way :(
When you take delivery it would be good to photograph it and post them here so that we can all see what the XF looks like in Dubai :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey Pekem...

thats the first thing am gonna do "picture" ;) hehe

hmm, r the vents of the same cost as the ones in UK? And is the maximum speed of the car is 250km/h only :(????

When i asked them why, they said its an international law for safety :(

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
hambaa said:
hey Pekem...

hmm, r the vents of the same cost as the ones in UK? And is the maximum speed of the car is 250km/h only :(????

I suspect that you are paying a little more in Dubai than here for the chrome vents, I paid around £135 fitted after the car was delivered and in the case of the vents it is a job taking little more than a minute or so to do. I think the illuminated plate on the door would be uneconomic to have fitted post production. If you would care to visit the Jaguar web site you will find instructions relating to the fitting of the treads which might help you assess the costs involved.
As for the speed limiter on your car; it probably is a legal thing because many high performance cars appear to be limited to 155 mph. :(

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pekem said:
hambaa said:
hey Pekem...

I suspect that you are paying a little more in Dubai than here for the chrome vents, I paid around £135 fitted after the car was delivered and in the case of the vents it is a job taking little more than a minute or so to do. I think the illuminated plate on the door would be uneconomic to have fitted post production. If you would care to visit the Jaguar web site you will find instructions relating to the fitting of the treads which might help you assess the costs involved.
As for the speed limiter on your car; it probably is a legal thing because many high performance cars appear to be limited to 155 mph. :(

Thaaaaaaaanks mate :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts