XF Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

It appears it is not possible to add a location into the system while driving. The car must be at a near stop before the system allows me to update or change the destination. This can be quite frustrating.

Can we have this reversed or disabled?

Thanks

Michael

·
Registered
162 Posts
This indeed is a concern - not that I update the destination myself whilst driving at any speed (currently use a tomtom).

It is quite common though that if we decide to change our destination en route, the wife will reprogram the sat nav whilst I concentrate on the driving.

It will be bloody annoying if we have to stop to reprogram this. Hopefully this can be circumnavigated. :shock:

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
michael, it is always a good thing if members add a little about themselves, particularly their location, in the signature box of the Profile.
I am prompted to refer to this because I wonder if you are in the U.K. :?:
I understand that various State laws in the U.S., for instance, prohibit the programming of a Sat Nav whilst in motion and I wonder if it is the same for you wherever you are.
I successfully entered destination details in my system yesterday, when my wife was driving, and whilst on the move :)

·
Registered
618 Posts
It is, as Pekem says, done for the US market. It can be reversed by a dealer in their settings but they probably wont be willing to do it,

·
Registered
53 Posts
Would anybody know if this is disabled with IDS or if there is any other way to disable this? If it is in IDS where, perhaps a screen shot or a menu name please.

It seems that all ROW cars have this inhibit enabled?

Rgrds

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ok, so no ideas then. :)

Any body with the old navigation disks for the XF that can donate them or maybe send me one file off then please? Want to do a small experiment to see if I can shed some light on this lock out issue?

Rgrds

L

·
0 Posts
I think that ROW is Rest of World (i.e. cars destined for delivery outside of the UK market.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I believe you have the voice commands to use while driving to change a location and some other functions.

·
Registered
53 Posts
sr22pilot said:
I believe you have the voice commands to use while driving to change a location and some other functions.
:shock: Do not have Voice installed.

My only option is to figure out what the differences are between a NAV system with "on the move" destination entry enabled and one where it is disabled. When the cars are assembled in the factory, Jaguar can do one of two things:
1. IDS configuration where the system is programmed or
2. DVD file on the disk that is Country dependent

I now think that with option 2 Jaguar does not do anything in the factory, the regions DVD controls the Destination Inhibit.

This is now the reason I would like to get hold of an older UK DVD disk set from someone that has done the upgrade. Load the UK DVD in mt SA car and see the result or create a new hybrid DVD with the loading.kwi file from the UK set and my local maps. If this works, all the RoW (Rest of World) cars can use this method to enable destination entry on the move.

Rgrds

1 - 12 of 12 Posts