XF Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just had a phonecall from one of my engineering friends at Whitley and a fix for the navigation software is on the way! :D well thats the good news anyway. It will be bundled with 2009 discs which SHOULD, althought it hasnt be decided yet, be provided to all 2008 owners FOC as a warranty claim. The bad news is that a date for release of said disc has not yet been set but at least there is light at the end of the tunnel! :roll:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Thank you Craig, if the "fix" is available before I drive to Munich next spring I will be happy. I assume the original software will have to be removed from the satnav unit by a dealer.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not necessarily. Depends on how the unit recieves updates. It may do it automatically once you insert the 09 disc.

·
Administrator
22,509 Posts
craig said:
It will be bundled with 2009 discs which SHOULD, althought it hasnt be decided yet, be provided to all 2008 owners FOC as a warranty claim.
Will they give it away or charge :?:
So what would you do, charge for it or give it away :?:
One scenario would be to provide a free update to buyers of the latest mapping software. If you are not a customer for the maps and are happy with the maps you have, chances are you are happy with the SatNav. ;)

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
pekem said:
craig said:
It will be bundled with 2009 discs which SHOULD, althought it hasnt be decided yet, be provided to all 2008 owners FOC as a warranty claim.
One scenario would be to provide a free update to buyers of the latest mapping software. If you are not a customer for the maps and are happy with the maps you have, chances are you are happy with the SatNav. ;)
It's the logic that is the problem not the maps! Obviously you have never been pulled of a main trunk route to be directed through a city centre or down a farm track and then back on to the original trunk route. After that has happened a couple of times you loose confidence in the satnav. As it stands the satnav in the XF is unfit for purpose. As they say.

·
Administrator
22,509 Posts
Vapourgrey said:
pekem said:
craig said:
It's the logic that is the problem not the maps! Obviously you have never been pulled of a main trunk route to be directed through a city centre or down a farm track and then back on to the original trunk route. After that has happened a couple of times you loose confidence in the satnav. As it stands the satnav in the XF is unfit for purpose. As they say.
Yes, yes, I know all about the issues but will they give it away or charge.
What would you do, charge for it or give it away, remembering you are a commercial undertaking :?:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Most definitely free of charge - assuming Jaguar wants to keep customers happy and repel the opposition in the gathering economic gloom. We paid ca. £2000 for a flawed system and Jaguar has acknowledged the serious issues within the logic software. Having corrected the problem they are morally bound to replace the original navigation discs under warranty. After all they only cost a few pence to produce compared to the exorbitant price (ca.£180) a dealer would charge.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts