XF Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a habit since I became a Mac user back in 1991, I've been naming my Macs. Godzilla and Moof! being my latest.

I named my wife's former Miata, Silver Arrow, and my former X5, Panzer. Curiously, I've not thought of a name for my Cat till only just. More curiously, whimsical names like 'Fifi' and 'Mimi' (yes, at various times members of my family have had cats by those names) have been floating persistently in my head although I am not a whimsical person by nature. My car's indigo so I can't call her Silver Arrow (again). Blue Max sounds too masculine, too hard for such a lithe creature. Has to be something graceful, fluid.

Hmmm...'Queenie'?

I'll post a picture of the car at some point.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vapourgrey said:
How about TIDDLES? :p
I can't see my XF as some obese feline although I like the name!

Ha ha!

·
Registered
294 Posts
There's another thread about names, I think - not much more inspiring than this one! Absolutely no offence intended to those who need to do this, to me, rather strange thing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
mauler said:
As a habit since I became a Mac user back in 1991, I've been naming my Macs. Has to be something graceful, fluid.

How abaout Tom Cat? The car is a Cat and drives itself "by-wire" like a fighter ;) :geek:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
forero said:
mauler said:
As a habit since I became a Mac user back in 1991, I've been naming my Macs. Has to be something graceful, fluid.

How abaout Tom Cat? The car is a Cat and drives itself "by-wire" like a fighter ;) :geek:
Thanks! But I think of my cat as a lithe female feline. My wife argues the name should be graceful, not whimsical or masculine. I had thought of 'Biscuit'. Ha ha!

·
Administrator
433 Posts
Mauler - Your seriously considering calling your XF Biscuit? :D

Personally I like the name of your latest Mac - Moof. Fantastic - "just going on the Moof." :lol:

I vote for Pussy as the new name for your car.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
XF Admin said:
Mauler - Your seriously considering calling your XF Biscuit? :D

Personally I like the name of your latest Mac - Moof. Fantastic - "just going on the Moof." :lol:

I vote for Pussy as the new name for your car.
No, I wasn't seriously considering 'Biscuit' for my XF. It was somewhat tongue-in-cheek when I suggested it.

Gabi. That's what I've settled on for my XF.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I think it is courageous of you to name your car!
I just couldn't do it. I will for sure love my XF, but to give it a name.....
But he, we are all different and that is a good thing :D

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pounder said:
I think it is courageous of you to name your car!
I just couldn't do it. I will for sure love my XF, but to give it a name.....
But he, we are all different and that is a good thing :D
Silly courage I am full of... ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
My last Jag was called Vienna - Rigsby's cat from 'Rising Damp'. Does that count?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guess. Vienna's a nice name.

What will you name your XF?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Does your car have a name?

A spurious tradition in my family to name all our cars with a female name beginning with J, from Jezebel, the MGB GT LE, through Jade the green Clio, Jasmine the Scenic Oasis Edition and after some deliberation the Xf became Jacinta. Any others willing to admit Jaguar anthropomorphisation?

Sorry, meant to post this in "My Jaguar XF"...

·
Registered
286 Posts
Re: Does your car have a name?

Most of the cars in my family have names - mainly because we keep them so long that they become part of the family. My last car was often referred to by garages as the Pirana (something to do with the personalised number plate) and when the XF arrived - same plate - it was immediately nicknamed Jaws by my wife.

·
Registered
211 Posts

Dilemma on this.

My Brera was called "Bella" for obvious reasons ; and seemed to be female.

XF ... can't see it having a female name .. dunno why. Will thus probably not get a nickname sadly. That said, the Fiat Coupe was definitely masculine and called "Froggy" by my daughter :)

·
Registered
205 Posts

My wife has christened our XF 'Camilla' as apparently it's the third person in our marriage, as per Diana and Charles!

·
Registered
134 Posts

I think the XF is far more pretty and sexier than Camilla PB..

·
Banned
168 Posts

interesting...never named any of my cars but the XF seems to have got the name Dragon. Not sure how but Dragon it is now!

Pete

·
Registered
90 Posts

The XF has not got a name (Jaguar is suffice) but the wife has named her new Ka 'Kylie' I really don't know why though........... :roll:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts