XF Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started the engine this morning and immediately a message was displayed that the car was in "Winter Mode". I have lent my manual to a friend to view so I am unable to learn more about this. On my S Type if the external temperature dropped to around 6C a Frost Alert was displayed. I am wondering if this is all that the Winter Mode is. Later I noticed an Icon was displaying in the Message Centre, see arrowed picture, when the temperature was showing 15C. :?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Re: My XF declare that it is now winter!

That icon appears when you press winter mode on the gearbox, shifts go earlier throttle pedal is less sensitive.

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: My XF declare that it is now winter!

d4ve said:
That icon appears when you press winter mode on the gearbox, shifts go earlier throttle pedal is less sensitive.
Thank you for your reply. I am not clear quite what you mean; will you explain a little more please. :)

·
Registered
618 Posts
Roma said:
There is a button near the gear selector. It's the Winter mode button.
Thats right and it shifts differently in first and second to prevent slipping on ice and snow. As far as i know it doenst come on automatically it is through the use of the buttom roma mentions.

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Roma said:
I think it turns off when you switch the engine off.
Thank you again Roma.
I can only imagine that I triggered it by accident this morning and I will expect it to be off on start-up tomorrow. :)

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Found it :!:
In fact it doesn't go off when the engine is turned off; it does need the button to be pressed. :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
That's strange, I tried to switch my Winter Mode on today but it didn't do anything. Perhaps the outside temperature needs to be below a certain value?

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I doubt that Roma,
I demonstrated it to my wife this morning just in case it happened to her.

·
Registered
294 Posts
pekem said:
I doubt that Roma,
You let your wife drive your XF, pekem? How quaint. :shock:

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
jgriffith325 said:
According to the manual, Winter mode will be retained for 6 hours after the engine is turned off. After the 6 hours it will revert to off.
Hi jgriffith325,
Welcome to the forum :)
And thank you for the research; it just demonstrates it is better to read the instructions before pressing the buttons :)

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Steamdreamer said:
pekem said:
I doubt that Roma,
You let your wife drive your XF, pekem? How quaint. :shock:

Yes, I will go along with that Steamdreamer ;)
quaint
Pronunciation: \?kw?nt\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English queinte, cointe, from Anglo-French, clever, expert, from Latin cognitus, past participle of cognoscere to know.

That definition will do me :)

·
Registered
242 Posts
pekem said:
I started the engine this morning and immediately a message was displayed that the car was in "Winter Mode". I have lent my manual to a friend to view so I am unable to learn more about this. On my S Type if the external temperature dropped to around 6C a Frost Alert was displayed. I am wondering if this is all that the Winter Mode is. Later I noticed an Icon was displaying in the Message Centre, see arrowed picture, when the temperature was showing 15C. :?
I reckon your car should get a job with the met office - seems to be better at forecasting than the present employees !! :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts