XF Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You have collected your new 09 Jaguar XF, it is all clean and shiny, now please take a photograph of it and post it here for all to see. :)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Finally ! :D

I keep going to the windows and peering out just to check it's still there. :p

Took these at 9am outside the dealer, but don't worry I'll upload some more on a nicer day. :)

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent; that is the first 09 car I have seen :lol:
So, what did you think of your journey back :?:

·
Registered
425 Posts
I drove home, and then quickly found an excuse to drive the car again when I realised the dealer forgot to hand over the p/x cheque! :lol: And then I took it up to Strathaven round the country lanes. All in the space of a morning!! :D

But seriously, it is a fantastic car. I just can't wait until it's run in a bit so I can put my heavy shoes on. :cool:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Lovely car xfpillips, she really does look gorgeous. I'm very envious of you having your hands on a fantastic xf :mrgreen:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Im loving the registration :!: :) Here's hoping we all get something as appropriate :cool: Lovely car xfphilliips :!:
not one to wish life away, but I do wish March would just hurry up and pass...

·
Registered
281 Posts
Not many pics yet from all you lucky people with new XFs, or all you all too busy driving/cleaning your new babies to have time to take them :D

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have to say Im finding these new 09 XF'ers very selfish!!! ;)
I finally got my build date today (20th March) - its soooooo far away :!:
I have also been assigned a car registration so at least I know its all happening :!: :cool:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I don't think any 3.0 cars have been delivered yet. I am number one on the dealer's list and mine is due next week

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
XF FX said:
I have to say Im finding these new 09 XF'ers very selfish!!! ;)
I finally got my build date today (20th March) - its soooooo far away :!:
I have also been assigned a car registration so at least I know its all happening :!: :cool:
Wouln't want to give you false hope but their is a chance that it will arrive sooner than you anticipate :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Dear xfpillips,
Super lookin' car..I bet the ride is better than the looks..enjoy..Do post some interior photos...good day, Shalako

·
Registered
185 Posts
Dear All,

Handed back my trusty X Type to the leasing company on Friday and picked up my XF on Sunday at 9.00am (the 'handover', paperwork and guided tour were completed on Friday so that I could just drive away on Sunday).

This is one truly great motor car and has not only met my expectations, but exceeded them by a big margin. The way that it looks, the way that it drives, the comfort, the fit, finish and quality are beyond reproach.

I was slightly pensive when picking the car up in case it didn't live up to expectations, but this has not been the case.

Also, I have had no problems whatsoever, nor any complaints and I am an extremely fussy customer! I was also able to pair my i-Phone 3G on the first attempt. The only downside is the intial economy which is 24.7mpg despite 'treating her gently' at the moment - I hope that this improves, but even if it doesn't, it's a price worth paying for that silky smooth, powerful 'waft' that Jaguar do so well!

I have yet to take some pictures, but as soon as I have, will upload for all to see (which will probably be post it's first polish which I hope to complete at the weekend).

·
Registered
176 Posts
MWD said:
Dear All,

Handed back my trusty X Type to the leasing company on Friday and picked up my XF on Sunday at 9.00am (the 'handover', paperwork and guided tour were completed on Friday so that I could just drive away on Sunday).

This is one truly great motor car and has not only met my expectations, but exceeded them by a big margin. The way that it looks, the way that it drives, the comfort, the fit, finish and quality are beyond reproach.

I was slightly pensive when picking the car up in case it didn't live up to expectations, but this has not been the case.

Also, I have had no problems whatsoever, nor any complaints and I am an extremely fussy customer! I was also able to pair my i-Phone 3G on the first attempt. The only downside is the intial economy which is 24.7mpg despite 'treating her gently' at the moment - I hope that this improves, but even if it doesn't, it's a price worth paying for that silky smooth, powerful 'waft' that Jaguar do so well!

I have yet to take some pictures, but as soon as I have, will upload for all to see (which will probably be post it's first polish which I hope to complete at the weekend).
Hiya
As we still have a few days to wait for the piccies, I was just wondering about other details you can give before picture posting. What engine/colour/wheels/extras etc :?: :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
I do need to get to grips with the site and add the details of my car to my signature - haven't quite figured out how to do that yet!

My XF is a Lux in Ultimate Black with Venus Wheels, Burr Walnut & Charcoal and i-Pod connector.

·
Registered
176 Posts
MWD said:
I do need to get to grips with the site and add the details of my car to my signature - haven't quite figured out how to do that yet!

My XF is a Lux in Ultimate Black with Venus Wheels, Burr Walnut & Charcoal and i-Pod connector.
CAnt wait to see the pics :mrgreen:

also, I only just found out how to add a sig 10mins ago.... :arrow:
User control Panel (just under XF NEWS) ... profile (under options)....edit signature (I think) :!:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Welcome MWD,

From X type to XF, you will really love your new car.
My experience about the fuel consumtion, I received my XF on December 18th, so a 2.7 off course and during the first 3000 km (I am living in Belgium) I was also a bit surprise by the high level of fuel, and also mainly because just before I was using a mercedes CLS 320 which was doing good job about fuel.
Hopefully after 3000km, let's say 1 864 miles, fuel consumtion dropped from 13l /km to about 9l / km, which sounds more usable for me.
The best I could do was 6.5 :lol:

·
Registered
425 Posts
I picked my car up on sunday morning, have done 230 miles since, and still got half a tank left. I'm sure it will improve as the car is run-in a bit more.

More snow in Scotland, not sure about anywhere else but I hope it's still there in the morning so I can get some snowy pics! :) I didn't have mine last time we were hit with snow. :(

And god it got dirty quickly! :eek: :p

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Zortech said:
Welcome MWD,

From X type to XF, you will really love your new car.
My experience about the fuel consumtion, I received my XF on December 18th, so a 2.7 off course and during the first 3000 km (I am living in Belgium) I was also a bit surprise by the high level of fuel, and also mainly because just before I was using a mercedes CLS 320 which was doing good job about fuel.
Hopefully after 3000km, let's say 1 864 miles, fuel consumtion dropped from 13l /km to about 9l / km, which sounds more usable for me.
The best I could do was 6.5 :lol:
Cons. Moy.

Zortech
That's all double Dutch to me :lol:
Translation please :?:

Have you tried resetting the fuel meter and starting from zero. I find it very satisfying. After a reset, the meter reflects consumption on an almost instantaneous basis up to around 40mpg (or Dutch, German or French equivalent) and then stabilises. Of course if you are just driving around town for short journeys it will not be very good. :(

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hello Pekem,

I use to reset fuel meter at each tank full, I have a small app on my iphone to help me keep trace of my cars fuel consumtion. So I can know for each full tank the total distance and average fuel use. I use to add some note to precise roughly percentage part of motorway journey and in city traffic.
I will try here to give info for translation:
During the first day of the XF up to about 1 864 miles: 13.6 l/km (20.5 mpg).
The picture I post is showing the Lowest I could do after 100k in city trafic Jam and 70k on motorway: 6.5 l/km (43.5 mpg)
Average now: 8.5 to 10 l/100km (33.23 mpg to 28 mpg)
I have to precise that in two month I already have 7000 km (4 349 Mile) on the XF

Hope translation is better this time :oops:

1 - 20 of 72 Posts