XF Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I finally received my ID.3. It is really a joy to drive an EV. All the quietness, lack of vibration, smooth gear changes and snappy acceleration, you normally pay a premium for in a conventional car, just comes as part of the package at no extra cost. Of course my XF feels more like a cosy living room with exquisite leather armchairs, but the ID.3 eis certainly a nice place to be as well.

The ID.3 has to be parked in the garage, so it can charge. I have rented a garage for my XF elsewhere. I can't bear to have it standing outside on the street. I'll keep it as a collector's car. It used to belong to my father, who actually died this summer at the age of 90. At the same time I can use it for occasions, when we need two cars. The funny thing is, that the XF actually seems a little small compared to the ID.3. The ID.3 is larger in real life, than you'd expect from a photo.

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Today I finally received my ID.3. It is really a joy to drive an EV. All the quietness, lack of vibration, smooth gear changes and snappy acceleration, you normally pay a premium for in a conventional car, just comes as part of the package at no extra cost. Of course my XF feels more like a cosy living room with exquisite leather armchairs, but the ID.3 eis certainly a nice place to be as well.

The ID.3 has to be parked in the garage, so it can charge. I have rented a garage for my XF elsewhere. I can't bear to have it standing outside on the street. I'll keep it as a collector's car. It used to belong to my father, who actually died this summer at the age of 90. At the same time I can use it for occasions, when we need two cars. The funny thing is, that the XF actually seems a little small compared to the ID.3. The ID.3 is larger in real life, than you'd expect from a photo.

View attachment 50306

View attachment 50307

View attachment 50308
Be interested to know what tyres are fitted to your car ?
Are they low profile?

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Be interested to know what tyres are fitted to your car ?
Are they low profile?
Low profile? They surely are. The size is 215/45 R 20 95T. It is quite an odd size. They are relatively narrow for such a large wheel and low profile. And the T indicates, they are only approved for a speed of 190 km/h. The ID.3 is limited to a top speed of 160 km/h.

They are Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance, but are made in Germany. They are marked with "Electric drive technology", and they have "SealTech" and should be self sealing.

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
Sorry, Muenster, didn't see this before - too busy obsessing about JLR!

Nice car - happy motoring!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts