XF Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello XF forum members,

I am currently waiting for three events to happen for me this year (Which I like to call 'The Trilogy' :lol:) , the first being my first baby around the beginning of August. The second (baby ;)) is my XF on 01/09/09 (Just in time for the new number plate) and the third is a two week holiday with my family at a nice resort in Jamaica. As you can see I am watching a kettle boil for what seems like an eternity :(

I think we all know what I'm here to talk about ;)

The story so far...........

On 11/05/09 I originally ordered the XF 3.0 D Portfolio for delivery on 01/09/09 but then on 01/06/09 I changed it to an XF S 3.0 D Portfolio as I felt that I would regret not going for the S model. I then included some packs into the mix pushing the delivery date back to 28/09/09.

The updated spec is as follows:

- XF S 3.0 D Portfolio
- Metallic Liquid silver
- Ivory seats / Truffle upper facia / Ivory contrast stitch / Figured Rich Oak
- Rear camera parking aid
- Electric Rear Window Sunblind
- Multimedia Display system - Television
- Pedal Kit - Bright Finish
- Illuminated Sill Treadplates
- Blind spot monitor

- R Performance Aerodynamic Pack:

Consists of an alternative front bumper with black metal mesh lower air
intakes with or without optional sculpted LED blades that provide daytime running light
function, extended side sills and rear boot lid spoiler. The Aerodynamic pack also has a gloss
black upper grille mesh as standard. Please note that this pack is not available with ACC and
is limited to the following exterior colours; Porcelain, Botanical Green, Indigo, Ultimate Black,
Lunar Grey and Liquid Silver.

- Interior Pack:

Consists of Piano Black veneer plus XFR front seats, excluding the R logo,
with 18x14 seat functionality and memory. For Luxury the seats are Bondgrain heated and
available in Barley and Warm Charcoal only. For Premium Luxury and Portfolio the seats are
Softgrain heated/cooled and available in Barley, Warm Charcoal or Ivory.

- Dynamics Pack:

Consists of the Adaptive Dynamics system as launched in the XFR but with
the equivalent 09MY SV8 suspension tune. The pack is supplied complete with 20" Volans
wheels in Shadow finish (Standard Silver finish also available).

I will be getting the 'Rear screen connectivity system' but I'm just shopping around for that at the moment.

Any advice will be welcome :)

Farai

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
You are about to endure a difficult and long labour; for your wife I hope it will be breeze :lol:
If you are still wondering about the Blind Spot Monitor I would say it is well worth while.
After the all round sensors and camera it is my favourite extra and one that I think that I would really miss if it I lost it now :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
check out threads with designer vision for rear seat entertainment system. he did an excellent job with mine.

the blind spot monitor is very useful- thought it was a bit of a gimmick initially but now very glad I got it!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your input pakem & t2dav, I passed it off as a gimmick also at first but after much consideration and reasearch I have decided to add the blind spot monitor and I am happy that I was still able to include it.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Ha ditto!

My wife is due with our first on the 18th August and I'm collecting my S a few weeks later. I do find it very hard to not seem as excited about the delivery of the new car as the baby :oops:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
zx10ben said:
Ha ditto!

My wife is due with our first on the 18th August and I'm collecting my S a few weeks later. I do find it very hard to not seem as excited about the delivery of the new car as the baby :oops:
Car is much more important ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
zx10ben said:
Ha ditto!

Your remedy is simple zx10ben, just tell the wife that you need to research the market, very thoroughly, to find a seat system suitable for your Prince or Princess.
Plainly this will involve a few trips to the Jaguar dealer and visits to many Jaguar / Car seat web sites :lol:

TMS I am sure with all that spec you will have a really great, albeit long, wait but it will be a wonderful September. I would go for broke and get the Blind Spot Monitor, it is an accessory, in my view, I would not want to be without having used one.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
zx10ben said:
Ha ditto!

Lol I feel the same way, currently the due date of our boy is the 16th of August. I'm hoping that when he arrives it will be enough to keep my mind away from the due date of my second baby, therefore making the time fly by and the wait alot less agonising :D

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
This cracks me up :lol:
Clearly one of the most important events of my life is about to happen and I've done nothing.......Keep getting nagged to paint the nursery, build the cot, pack hosptal bags etc.....I've done nada, zilch, squat.

However, for the S on the other hand....I have booked my Eurotunnel crossing, my Premier lodge room for the nights stayover, looked up somewhere to eat on the evening, planned cheapest fuel stops and sorted out all the reams of paperwork. I ring the dealer every week to follow progress and am sat ready to go!

Mmm.....I may have priorities mixed slightly :? :roll:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
zx10ben said:
This cracks me up :lol:
Clearly one of the most important events of my life is about to happen and I've done nothing.......Keep getting nagged to paint the nursery, build the cot, pack hosptal bags etc.....I've done nada, zilch, squat.

However, for the S on the other hand....I have booked my Eurotunnel crossing, my Premier lodge room for the nights stayover, looked up somewhere to eat on the evening, planned cheapest fuel stops and sorted out all the reams of paperwork. I ring the dealer every week to follow progress and am sat ready to go!

Mmm.....I may have priorities mixed slightly :? :roll:
Nope, you've got it spot on :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The wait is agonising, I've just emailed my dealer to arrange a factory visit to ease the pain. It would be nice to see the new XJ also :D :D :D

Does anyone have any tips on how to pass time while waitng for the delivery of a car? Bearing in mind that I have to wait untill Sept 28th at the moment :(

·
Registered
162 Posts
I havent got a build date for mine - ordered on the 29th June. Would they have a build date/delivery date yet? Do you have to ask for this or is it just sent to you in a letter?

Will be hoping to visit the factory some time soon for a visit, would be great to see my own car being built, but I guess that is unlikely, unless anyone has any tips on how to arrange the timings to se your own car.

I too am trying to fill the time, I suppose I could actually get on with some work? Yes I think Ill do that for a while...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I ordered my car, PL Liquid silver with 20" selenas and biexenons, in June. I contacted Jaguar customer services on; 02476 205716. Before calling I got my cars build number from my dealer. They were able to tell me when my car would be on the build track (12th August) and I could visit to see it. Unfortunately I am out of the country then and have booked a visit for 7th Sept pm. Jaguar shut down yesterday for a 2 week break. They return August 10th.
I may collect the car from the dealers on 7th September (assuming it has been delivered) since I live in Durham and the dealer is in Nottingham. Hope this helps - Bob

·
Registered
162 Posts
Thanks Bob - Ill ask the dealer for any relevant info - though I guess they need to find out build timing from the factory, which if closed may not be forthcoming.

Thanks for the info though, much appreciated. :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
chesterfield said:
I havent got a build date for mine - ordered on the 29th June. Would they have a build date/delivery date yet? Do you have to ask for this or is it just sent to you in a letter?

Will be hoping to visit the factory some time soon for a visit, would be great to see my own car being built, but I guess that is unlikely, unless anyone has any tips on how to arrange the timings to se your own car.

I too am trying to fill the time, I suppose I could actually get on with some work? Yes I think Ill do that for a while...
I saw my car being built on 15 July 2009 and it is due for delivery in the next week (hopefully). I ordered it on 13 June.

You need the CSO number from your dealer and then tell the Jaguar visitor centre at Castle Bromwich this number and they will be able to give you the most likely time you will be able to see you car.

If you do get to see your car being built is is great

See my report at

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1292

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm a little undecided about which wheels to pick between the volans or selenas, currently I am going with the volans but the other half likes the selenas better which is confusing me as they were the wheels I was going to get originally until I opted for the exterior pack. Which would you choose?

·
Registered
162 Posts
I went for the Selenas on mine - I think they suit the "elegance" aspect of the car. The Volan wheels looke too "chunky" for my liking.

Just my opinion.. :)

·
Registered
425 Posts
I loveeee the Volans! Don't get me wrong, I love the Sentas and Selenas too, but there was just something about the SV8 that made me think... 'I love it.' Can't wait to see them! :D

It was also a little disappointing hearing of the chrome strip on the Selenas were prone to pitting and whatever. I wouldn't like them to look scruffy after a few thousand miles. I imagine they are quite a task to restore and refinish too.

·
Registered
55 Posts
+1 for the Volans! :cool:

Fantastic looking wheel, and gives the XF a really sporty look, especially in the darker 'shadow' finish - all IMO of course! :)

·
Registered
403 Posts
Thanks for the tips on the factory tour chaps - have arranged to visit on 3rd September when it will hopefully be on the final trim track.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts