XF Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Dave,

see viewtopic.php?f=37&t=757

Mine has not been as wild, I have a number of minor recurring electronics problems, the car goes into the dealer, they seem to solve the issues, they return it working, then the problem recurs.

Mine is booked in next week with 4 of these minor issues. My car works overall but you get sick of of all the niggles.
Minor issues are:
  • auto window closer bounces window open each time drivers' window closed[/*:m:2abdg1ct]
  • info screen not synced with main screen[/*:m:2abdg1ct]
  • rear mirror dip stops working - restart - then it stops again[/*:m:2abdg1ct]
  • parking sonar switches off - switch on - next time you park it is off[/*:m:2abdg1ct]
They keep offering me more compensation, I'll have to spend it on illuminated door sills :ugeek: [seriously their compo should pay for a new set of tyres but I wish I had not had the aggro] :(

Mine is a March 08 diesel, 11000 miles.

BTW, I tried to post this follow on from Dave's posting but this is not allowed.

Oh well

Tony

·
Registered
247 Posts
Just a thought about one of the items on your list.... the parking sensors are meant to turn off after you have gone above a certain speed, 9mph I believe, aren't they?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AndyB said:
Just a thought about one of the items on your list.... the parking sensors are meant to turn off after you have gone above a certain speed, 9mph I believe, aren't they?
Hi Andy,

What I am expressing is that the next time a close proximity situation occurs going forward or reverse into a space, or garage, they are not working, press the button and they do work. They should work everytime the car is near another object at slow speed.

I posted this and my previous electronics problems to see if anyone else has suffered similar problems, to compare notes, and no-one else reading this forum has, it seems.

My conclusion - my car is not to the standard it should be.

Regards,

Tony

·
Registered
247 Posts
I know what you mean Tony, they don't automatically turn on when going forwards at low speed. According to the manual that is correct. However, when you go into reverse the front and rear sensors both turn on. Then both front and rear stay on from that point until the vehicle is once again travelling forward at a speed above 9mph. If you want to manually turn on both front and rear sensors without going into reverse you need to press the button which also turns both sensors on. Give it a try. Cars with front sensors that come on automatically when travelling at low speed can be a pain when travelling slowly in towns and cities as you get pedestrians crossing in front of you when sitting in a queue and setting off the beeps! I think that is why Jaguar fits a button on XF's equipped with front sensors.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Sorry Tony, should have said that if your sensors don't work as they are supposed to then I don't blame you for moaning at the dealer! You don't expect faulty stuff like that on a car at this level. Regards, Andy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts