XF Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I just got my XF V8 last week, the car has made 950 KM so far, and i am getting this annoying Rattle, squeaking noise in the sunroof. If i slighly push the glass with my hands, the noise would disappear, i used Vasline on the rubber and the squeaking went away for a 1/2 a day and then came back. the car is brand new, and iam really disappointed. My dealer where i live is very poor with service, and i am trying to find a solution to that problem, so i can go talk to them with how a fix is possible .. anyone out there who had this problem fixed, please help...

Thanks
:?:

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
Hi gazzazh,
Welcome to the forum :)
It would be good to know where in the world you are. We do have a Profile section which you might like to complete, as little or as much as you wish.
As for your troubles; I am sure everyone will sympathise with you. I think that a rattling sunroof is a known issue and I also think that there is a remedy that your dealer can apply (modified sunroof clips) and it doesn't involve Vaseline :lol:
We do have a forum where questions are answered by a Jaguar Master Technichian if you want "chapter and verse"
viewforum.php?f=37

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Pekem,

Thanks for the warm welcome. and for all your help.. I am currently living in Jeddah, Kingdom of saudi arabia. Just bought my car a week ago, and have been troubled with the what i have seen in the fourms regarding all the technical problem associated with the FX. I am hoping that my only problem will be solely associated with the sunroof, and hopefully the remedy you mentioned is avaliable at my delear. The car is truly amazing and is what many have been looking for from jaguar. I will keep posting on the forums and will update my profile as soon as possible.

Thanks Again
:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts