XF Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I am experiencing multiple warning lights on my 2010 Jaguar XF whilst driving - Pedestrian warning light low battery and low fuel. It then proceeds to cut the heating system off and the dashboard lights. Headlamps come on themselves randomly and interior lights doing their own disco dance. When the car was intially bought it had similar issues dealer never told me what they did to fix it. Any ideas what this could be it is getting very frustrating.
Thanks

·
Registered
116 Posts
I would start by getting the battery tested and make sure it is fully charged. A failing or low battery will cause all sorts of warnings and electrical issues.

Reactions: dyrlege

·
Registered
456 Posts
I agree with ricardo. The first thing to look at in cases like these is the battery, modern cars hate an underperforming battery. Also get yourself a digital multimeter and measure the battery's voltage without the engine running (a good battery is going to indicate in excess of 12v) then check the voltage when the car is running. Ideally you want over 14v when the engine is running, thiis will indicate the alternator is working. If you see no change, the alternator may be at fault.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all,
I am experiencing multiple warning lights on my 2010 Jaguar XF whilst driving - Pedestrian warning light low battery and low fuel. It then proceeds to cut the heating system off and the dashboard lights. Headlamps come on themselves randomly and interior lights doing their own disco dance. When the car was intially bought it had similar issues dealer never told me what they did to fix it. Any ideas what this could be it is getting very frustrating.
Thanks
Check for water ingress/damage at the rear fuse box (behind the rear right hand light cluster, behind the carpet boot liner).

·
Registered
284 Posts
May be an ideal to check if the front windscreen has been replaced, and if som: there is an electrical junction cluster around the footwell om the right hand side (if memory serves me right) where water ingress caused by insufficient sealing of the windscreen makes for interesting behaviour og things electric.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree with ricardo. The first thing to look at in cases like these is the battery, modern cars hate an underperforming battery. Also get yourself a digital multimeter and measure the battery's voltage without the engine running (a good battery is going to indicate in excess of 12v) then check the voltage when the car is running. Ideally you want over 14v when the engine is running, thiis will indicate the alternator is working. If you see no change, the alternator may be at fault.
Hi thanks battery is working fine yet these warning lights are still there I think it is a module or sensor issue. Getting a bit frustrating as no garage has been able to diagnose the issue

1 - 9 of 9 Posts