XF Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just been quoted a price for a set of mud guards. I hope you're all sitting down for this...

£221.00 inc VAT and fitting. Yes, that for four mud guards! I thought Porsche prices were expensive but this is just taking the mickey.

When I had recovered from the shock, the dealer gave me a price for the chrome-effect side vents too:

£212.00 inc VAT and fitting.

Has anyone been able to get better prices for these two accessories? I'd really like these two accessories but not at these rip-off prices.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Phone up another dealer and ask them how much they would charge (not one in the same group) If its a cheaper price then see if they will match it. If not then see what they would charge you for parts only and anyone who is competent should be able to fit them. On the owners website on Jaguars own site (where I told you to get the manual from as a pdf) they have a fitting guide for all the accessories so would be quite a doddle to fit yourself.

·
Administrator
433 Posts
£221 for mud guards is a joke.

Hopefully there will be some after market ones soon that owners can fit themselves.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I shall try a couple of other dealers. This particular one is having a laugh.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Side vents should be £125 supplied.
They take 15 minutes to fit, i.e. 7.5 minutes each. Basically clip into place after unclipping the painted ones.

Mudflaps should be £50 per pair, again easily DIY able.

They must be using a QC to fit the parts at those prices !. :shock:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, my local Jag stealer got back to me with some improved prices for the mud guards and side vents. Still not good, but far more realistic than before.

Apparently he's going to 'do me a deal' on the fitting of the mud guards and chrome side vents. Unfortunately, he has put me off completely when he mentioned that his technicians might not know how to fit the mud guards and side vents. :mrgreen:

You really couldn't make this up. I asked him to forget the accessories as I don't want my car to be used to train their technicians on. I honestly cannot believe that a Jag dealer has technicians who may have difficulty fitting a set of mud guards and clipping a side vent into place!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts