XF Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a guy who does valet on my car and he mentioned he also cleans a Green XF for somebody else and they had experienced quite a lot of stones being thrown up from the front tyres and hitting the side skirting about 12 to 24 inches in front of the rear wheel arch. With it being the dark green they show up quite a bit.

He says the other guy has since got some mud flaps on the front which has resolved the issue.

Has anybody else had this problem? and does anyone else have the mud flaps and do they look ok?
Apparently they are only very small, about 2 inches or so.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Wanderer said:
I have a guy who does valet on my car and he mentioned he also cleans a Green XF for somebody else and they had experienced quite a lot of stones being thrown up from the front tyres and hitting the side skirting about 12 to 24 inches in front of the rear wheel arch. With it being the dark green they show up quite a bit.

He says the other guy has since got some mud flaps on the front which has resolved the issue.

Has anybody else had this problem? and does anyone else have the mud flaps and do they look ok?
Apparently they are only very small, about 2 inches or so.
I have the madflaps on my Botanical Green XF.


I have not had the stone chips but had heard from others who had experienced so after 1 week decided to fit them, they are the Jaguar items and fitting (DIY) was about 40 mins you will need a 2mm drill plus screwdrivers and small socket set.

Have attached a photo but as you will they are small but appear to stop most of the spray and stones (no chips yet)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the photo, looks good.

I want to reduce the chances of stone chips if I can, so quick call to jag parts is called for I think.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
374 Posts
I highly recommend the mudflaps. It makes the stance of the car a bit more purposeful and, of course, it protects your paintwork. Come washing time I don't have a layer of baked on mud on the arches.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Wanderer said:
Did you fit them yourself and if so was it easy?
Yes I did
Ita was easy and straight forward if you look at he fitting instructions each has 3 screws or bolts, a strip of double sided tape (already attached to the flaps).
As mentioned earlier there is a need to drill a 2mm hole in the wheel arch plastic for one of the screws on each side. It took about 40 mins to do it myself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Thanks guys for the tips, have booked mine in for spoiler and now mudflaps but cannot get it done until after I collect it next Thursday. Only 5 more sleeps now!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
294 Posts
Is the spoiler likely to serve any genuinely useful purpose on British roads?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Steamdreamer said:
Is the spoiler likely to serve any genuinely useful purpose on British roads?
Apart from a distinctive feature I will be using my XF alot on German Autobahns so 70 MPH is not always a speed limit I have to stick to, hence, I will be trying the full performance range of the 2.7l engine. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
294 Posts
Lovely - let us know your 0 to 145 time, won't you!?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,057 Posts
PLidds said:
Apart from a distinctive feature I will be using my XF alot on German Autobahns so 70 MPH is not always a speed limit I have to stick to, hence, I will be trying the full performance range of the 2.7l engine. :D
Out of interest where abouts in Deutchland will you be playing around?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,057 Posts
Well I'll be dammed, what colour should I be looking out for? Brit or German plates?
Shall be joining you on the autobahns in the next couple of months!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Apologies for not replying but been and picked-up the beauty. Mine is Indigo with Dove interior on UK plates and first impressions are all positive. Will post report and pictures in the correct thread.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,057 Posts
I take it that was a pick-up from Peterborough?
How as the dealer, decent handover etc and did you get any of the freebies that everyone's been going on about on here?
Not collecting mine till Sept when the BMW balloon deal ends, a tad frivolous to have the two cars and bike for just the two of us :roll:
Keep us informed how you get on and hope to catch up when mines over here. On that note hows about a possible Nurburgring meet over this side of the channel? Done it on the bike a few times, would be nice to get some members over here for a weekend, I'll think on it :idea:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Handover at Peterborough was spot on. Disappoined in the PDI though as front passenger seat leather was severley scoured, the Dove leather was minging and the mood lighting on the passenger site was also not working. This apart (which will have to be rectified over here due to time), the guys in the Jag dealership were excellent. I colletced a RRS last year from LR next door to the Jag place and that was appalling. There were significant problems with the car and nobody wanted to know.

As regards freebies, I have had a few extras paid for by my dealer and the usual bottle of Tattenger when you collect the vehicle.

Will hook-up when you collect yours.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
I collected my car from Peterborough last Thursday and no major problems, although all tyre pressures varied from 32 to 37 psi. So much for the very polite salesman telling me they woud be fine because the car had, of course, been PDI'd :x . Everything else was pucker, and saving the Taitinger for the next special occasion.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top