XF Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have 5,000 miles on the clock now and my MPG average has improved from 32 when it was delivered to 36 mpg, based on my average commute.

How’s everyone else doing, and more interestingly what the highest mileage on the forum?

·
Administrator
22,510 Posts
rclifford said:
Well, I have 5,000 miles on the clock now and my MPG average has improved from 32 when it was delivered to 36 mpg, based on my average commute.

How’s everyone else doing, and more interestingly what the highest mileage on the forum?
Are you calculating actual fuel purchased / distance or reporting the figure from car meter :?:
I have been saving my receipts and meticulously noted the mileage but have yet to do the calculation :)

·
Registered
319 Posts
With just short of 6,000 miles on the clock, on a motorway run at around 70mph getting 37.7 plus mpg.
local roads somewhere in the 36 range.
these are readings from the meter.
which is certainly an improvement over the last 3,000 miles.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Just got back from a 300 mile round trip to hampshire - some dual carriageway, some slow A road. Averaged 37.1 mpg (figures from the on-board) and didnt try too hard to be economical. I have only got 800 miles on the clock so far!! Hopes for it improving then??
Out of interest the day after I picked the car up with less than 100 miles on the clock I had to go to Gatwick via M40 and M25 at rush hour so very slow run - 2.5 hours rather than the normal 1.5hours but managed (according to the on-board) 39.2mpg

·
Registered
19 Posts
Would not trust the on board computer one bit, done 1600 miles now and the computer is telling me an average of 36.2 mpg, when really it is only doing 28.7 mpg :(
Have mentioned this to the dealer, and they can not understand it is that far out :?:

·
Registered
32 Posts
re previous post, 3000 round trip to spain, returned a figure of just over 600 miles to a tank, and 39.5 miles to a gallon, at a constant speed of 80 mph. with a total average speed for the journey of 60 mph. :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Best I've done on a 55mile motorway commute is 44mpg - now that was taking it VERY gently, and I even stuck it in neutral when going downhill - not recommended for everday driving.

I also did a 2900 trip from Scotland to the south of France and back via Brittany. I got 36.4 mpg at an average of 70.4 mph (my good wife did most of the driving with a very heavy right foot on (obviously) the Autoroutes with near to zero traffic on them).

Cheers
Kenny

·
Registered
55 Posts
I hope my mpg improves. I've been pottering around (in built up areas mostly but not all ways) and i have been taking it very steady to get used to the car. I've noticed it seems to be very thirsty. On the trip computer driving it home from Exeter to South Yorkshire it did 40mpg. 99% of that on the motorway. Around town 20mpg!!!!. I filled up after 113 miles and it cost £30.00. However i reset the trip and gave it a steady run on the motorway for about 10 miles and it was showing 52mpg. The car had been running for about an hour so the engine was at it's working temp so I'm guessing it's thirsty when cold.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've just completed the first 1500 miles. My trip computer is indicating that I'm getting 22 MPG on average. Which for the 4.2V8 is not half bad me thinks. Anyone else got a 4.2 to compare with?

·
Registered
374 Posts
I think that most XF customers in the UK will have gone for the 2.7 diesel due to the eye-watering costs of motoring in the UK.

I have finally broken the 30mpg figure on motorwway driving! On 500 miles of mostly motorway driving per week I get around 31mpg. In the early months I was getting around 25mpg so it is improving.

·
Registered
193 Posts
My XF has around 500 miles on it now - getting low 30s (32 -34) - although the car is not used for short stop/start journeys.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Just completed a journey of approx 280 miles on motorway , majority of time with cruise on 70mph, returned a reading of 42 + on trip counter.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have done a trip of about 350 miles last Sunday with about 900miles on the clock. I drove it at a steady 70mph and it returned 42mpg also. MPG soon starts dropping when your around town though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts