XF Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drivers window is odd...
Have to put an RFID card to a senseor, so pen drivers window every day. Auto open is fine, but auto close - it winds up, and immediately winds down again to 3/4 open. Wind it up again, sometimes it comes down again. I wonder if it thinks it has a problem of something jammed in it? I have tried resetting the window system as per the manual, but it hasn't made this problem go away.

Just me, or something generic I'm missing?
R

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Astacus said:
Drivers window is odd...
Have to put an RFID card to a senseor, so pen drivers window every day. Auto open is fine, but auto close - it winds up, and immediately winds down again to 3/4 open. Wind it up again, sometimes it comes down again. I wonder if it thinks it has a problem of something jammed in it? I have tried resetting the window system as per the manual, but it hasn't made this problem go away.

Just me, or something generic I'm missing?
R
I was cleaning my car the other day and quite inexplicably all the windows opened, it might have been a combination of depressions on the key fob as I leaned on the car; don't know.
Anyway, I then wondered if the windows would go back up again when I got in and used the control, as it happens they did. However, being a pessimist - I generally have more happy moments than an optimist - I began to think what I would do if they remained down and didn't respond. My first and last thought was that I would try applying the advice given to me by a Jaguar Assistance operator earlier in the year and that was try a "hard re-set", achieved by disconnecting the battery terminal, waiting a few moments and then reconnecting. Exactly the same as if your PC was playing up. Just a thought :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts