XF Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, poor old me.. :lol:

But I will be with my XF tommorow - but on my last day with the awful Dodge Charger... disaster strikes! :shock: I was riding a seadoo jet-ski and fell off into the water, with the key in my pocket, and because it's an electronic key; like the XF's - and no 'cut' key to start the car, I was stuck... in the marina car park. :roll:

So I phone avis... "Yeah... ummmm... sureeeee... I'll call yahhhh backkkk." - HOUR later... no phone call... so bro comes and picks me up and takes me to local airport... and about 2 hours and $300 (for a ******* KEY!), I had a new car - A Chevrolet Malibu. And I can report it's alot better than the Charger. :) So I should of soaked the key earlier! :roll: :lol:

Has anyone had to leave their XF for a long time? It's not nice is it? - It sets higher standards :p :lol:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Well, my one week old (2nd hand) XF had to te be returned to the dealer this week for some planned repairing of little scratches on the front side of the car (something they couldn't do before delivery of the car). They gave me a Land Rover Discovery 3 car (new demo car) to get home and for using this week. If you want to drive an XF, you don't want to drive a SUV/jeep like car. I feel like a bus driver... so the LR has height standards, not my high standards, XFphilips! ;)

I hope the XF will be back tomorrow...

·
Registered
281 Posts
Not driving for 12 hours overnight feels like a long time, so goodness knows what an extended break will be like.

Enjoy your emotional reunion :D, and then say hello to the wife ;) ;) ;) :D

·
Registered
247 Posts
My XF is back at the dealer this week and they gave me another XF to drive around in so that I wouldn't miss my own XF. Only one problem. They gave me a 4.2 SV8 which goes rather well, but I have to keep stopping for more fuel!

·
Registered
219 Posts
The XF is back in town, the LR has returned to the dealer. This will be a happy Easter.

The dealer is awaiting the parts for fixing the sunroof rattle. They'll do the job next week or so. For the time in between they did a fix of their own, to reduce the rattle sound. Although the rattle wasn't a big deal, this is the kind of service that makes you smile.

·
Administrator
22,496 Posts
mindbrother said:
The XF is back in town, the LR has returned to the dealer. This will be a happy Easter.

The dealer is awaiting the parts for fixing the sunroof rattle. They'll do the job next week or so. For the time in between they did a fix of their own, to reduce the rattle sound. Although the rattle wasn't a big deal, this is the kind of service that makes you smile.

Happy Easter indeed
:D :D :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts