XF Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Vendor
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are various reports about firm ride on the 3.0DS in the magazines, probably because they are matched with 20" wheels as standard. That said the standard XF is a little on the firm side and we know from our sport set-up work that the standard damper tune has a high amount of compression damping and this is probably where the firmness is coming from. For our sport tune we actually reduced the compression damping and then increased body control with more rebound damping.

My question is whether anyone thinks they'd like their XF to be a bit more comfortable whether it has 20" wheels or not? This would be fairly straightforward to do by reducing the compression damping a bit and should lead to a softer feel for ridges and broken surfaces and more isolation from road texture. Thoughts anyone?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
The hard ride of the 20" wheels is the only thing that I'm concerned about, as the other half loves the ride of our current 2.7 on the 18 Venus rims and I think she would be seriously miffed if we went back to the sort of ride we had in our 335 coupe.
So in answer to your question, if it's possible then yes I would be extremely interested. What sort of timescale and cost are we looking at to have it done?

·
Vendor
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will take us about a month to do the tune then after that production dampers could be available very quickly. We use OE Jaguar damper bodies and internals so there shouldn't be any warranty problems.

Set of dampers would be 480 plus vat with a 10% forum discount.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts