XF Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I collected my XF a beuatiful Ebony 2.7 here in Dublin, I had ordered the Bowers & Wilkins system as one of the options. During the handover in the Dealership I noticed that there was no DAB option under the Audio Section.
The dealer told me that he would check with the Factory and come back to me, Today I heard back that they are not fitting the DAB with the B&W option in Ireland, I was also told that because of the poor quality of the DAB Tuner that they were also not fitting it in the UK either. And that it can't be retro fitted.
Can anyone please confirm that they not fitting it in the UK is a load of Bull ?
And has anyone else had this problem from any other areas ?

·
Administrator
22,509 Posts
I have both the B&W system and the DAB radio fitted but as I say elsewhere the DAB is a constant frustration and I would not be unhappy if they told me that had fitted by mistake and refunded my money.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Collected mine last week with B & W system, complete with DAB. So far I've found it quite good, (although I mainly only listen to radio 2)
Was this loss of option made clear when you confirmed order?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Heavens, I would have thought that B & W would be wasted on Radio 2 - definitely required for Planet Rock, Wagner, and (see the screen name!) steam train CDs though. Must get a life sometime.

·
Administrator
22,509 Posts
sodgob said:
I too have the B & W system complete with DAB & find it excellent.....now i have mastered it !!.
How did you master losing the signal of a station when surrounded by tall buildings or in deep valleys?

·
Registered
618 Posts
sodgob said:
I too have the B & W system complete with DAB & find it excellent.....now i have mastered it !!.
works fine for me too, havent had any problems apart from it going off when I drive into multi storey carparks :lol:

I can also confirm it is still fitted as a UK option and standard with B+W

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm still chasing up my missing DAB,

Can anyone confirm to me that in the UK when you select the Bowers & Wilkins option that you automaticaly get the ipod interface and the DAB tuner included in the one package price ?

Or is it possible to option the Bowes & Wilkins system without the ipod interface or DAB tuner ?

I'm now being told you can have just the B&W system,but I don't belive them.

Thanks

·
Administrator
22,509 Posts
As I understand it the DAB is an additional item at a cost of £250 or thereabouts. In other words the B&W doesn't include the DAB radio.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It is additional but you cannot specify the B&W system without also specifying the DAB option. The same way that if you specify the B&W system on the Luxury you also have to specify the space saver spare wheel.

·
Administrator
22,509 Posts
alanad said:
It is additional but you cannot specify the B&W system without also specifying the DAB option. The same way that if you specify the B&W system on the Luxury you also have to specify the space saver spare wheel.
alanad
I do not think you are correct. I have just used the Jaguar interactive "Build your own XF" site and it did allow the specifying of the DAB without the B&W. Or have I misunderstood you
http://www.jaguar.co.uk/uk/en/xf/build/buildyourown.htm

·
Registered
8 Posts
You did misunderstand me. You can add the DAB on it's own but if you try and add the B&W system you are prompted to add the DAB also, i.e. if you want the B&W system you have to take DAB.

·
Administrator
22,509 Posts
Yes, I now see what you mean.
I ordered the DAB on its own but the dealer mistakenly combined it with the B & W which meant that in the end he paid for it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts