XF Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was speaking with an engineer from Marshalls in Peterborough about my drama with wheel sizes yesterday and the conversation moved onto the body kit for the XF.
He then started to explain in detail what the kit consisted of and how it looked as he had one fitted on a car in their workshops.
He then said " yeah it looks smart, just a pity it's not going anywhere as he's filled it with petrol" :shock: I asked him how this could have happened as all the 3's are now fitted with miss-fueling devices, to which he replied " I don't have a clue"!
Thats a little concerning, any of you new 3 owners explain how the device works on your cars, is it possible just to force the petrol nozzle in?
Looks like I won't be able to turn off completely when refueling in future :oops:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
zx10ben said:
I was speaking with an engineer from Marshalls in Peterborough about my drama with wheel sizes yesterday and the conversation moved onto the body kit for the XF.
He then started to explain in detail what the kit consisted of and how it looked as he had one fitted on a car in their workshops.
He then said " yeah it looks smart, just a pity it's not going anywhere as he's filled it with petrol" :shock: I asked him how this could have happened as all the 3's are now fitted with miss-fueling devices, to which he replied " I don't have a clue"!
Thats a little concerning, any of you new 3 owners explain how the device works on your cars, is it possible just to force the petrol nozzle in?
Looks like I won't be able to turn off completely when refueling in future :oops:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Which means that if you you do force the petrol nozzle in it will trigger, but if you don't it won't.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts