XF Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cry:After waiting for the XF since March 2007, I went on a factory tour in november, went to a ride and drive event in january and went to the launch night at my local dealer(who are more like friends than car salespeople) in february and finally took delivery on March the 1st i was such a happy man. This is my 3rd Jaguar and they keep getting better and better! However 2 weeks later when i was cleaning my 'baby' i noticed paint imperfections on the car. I returned to the dealership and had wonderful service again. It was taken away to a local approved bodyshop and they could not get a colour match however i was informed that it was the best they could get. I spoke to customer relations about this and i have never been treated so well. The paint expert came down and noticed the problem as soon as he seen the car. Much to my suprise i am receiving a new XF however this one will be indigo. I had to hand mine back today :cry: but to soften the blow i have been loaned a 57plate xj sovereign which is very nice but it isn't the XF! I'm very sad that my xf had to go back, but it is still nice to know that there are people like Hayley and George (customer relations & paint expert) that are solving my problem as best as they can!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Tom

What was the issue with the paint?

I've noticed a couple of imperfections (if you get real close), that look like little bubbles under the clearcoat.

I'm sure they were not there when I first got it (and cleaned it thoroughly after 2 days), but 4 weeks on I noticed them on the offside passengers door. Strange :?

Kenny

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We found 3 very dark streaks in the bonnet and the same thing in the back door and haunches. However we can not emphasise enough the outstanding service that we have had from our dealer and Jaguar Cars Ltd. We have spoken to other owners of the same colour xf who have not experienced the same problem, we have also looked at their vehicles and we could not find anything at all.
Please keep up the good work Jaguar!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts