XF Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am afraid to say but i wasn't getting on with my xf and it has now gone. It just wasn't for me. To sum it up the car is an executive motor, unfortunately not an executive owner. I have never had an auto before and i thought it would be great but it irritated me along with the paddle shifts. Fantastic for long runs more comfort than my living room, but with 95% of my driving on local roads it just didn't float my boat.

Any way i have some rubber floor mats driver side and passenger side if anybody is interested. i'm on 01709 360525 £30 if anybody wants to pick them up if your in the South Yorkshire area. :(

·
Administrator
22,496 Posts
shapes said:
I am afraid to say but i wasn't getting on with my xf and it has now gone. It just wasn't for me. To sum it up the car is an executive motor, unfortunately not an executive owner. I have never had an auto before and i thought it would be great but it irritated me along with the paddle shifts. Fantastic for long runs more comfort than my living room, but with 95% of my driving on local roads it just didn't float my boat.

Any way i have some rubber floor mats driver side and passenger side if anybody is interested. i'm on 01709 360525 £30 if anybody wants to pick them up if your in the South Yorkshire area. :(
Wow :!: Buy a car and lose it 5 weeks later; because you did not get on with it :eek:
What can I say; sorry to learn that; can only hope you find something else that you will get on with :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Did you get the dealer to buy it back?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Mental!!! Did you loose a packet?!?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ill have to say that after 2 months of ownership of a 2.7 PL I am now thinking I made a mistake. My main issue are the seats which are just dreadful. Our other car which is fitted with Recaros cost half the price & is so much more comfortable and supportive when driving through corners. The XF seats have no support on the sides or seat bottom. In fact I would say the seats in my previous two Xtype sports were of a higher standard. Thats the trouble with 1 hour test drives. The second issue I have is pull of from junctions, why is it set up that when you put you foot down there is a delay of a second or two before it gets up to speed. The turbo lag is not good. I find I leave it in the S mode when driving. Dont get me wrong the car is stunning to look at & I added options of 20" wheels, Chrome side vents, B&W sound, rear spoiler & sunroof in botanical green which added to the look but after two months of ownership I find it hard to agree its what car winner 08

If I could lose the car for a good price it would go staight away but in the current climate a px price will be far to low.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I do agree with you regarding the seats, they are not the best. As far as pulling out of junctions and at lights I flick the gearbox into first and it is great at picking up. The problem in auto mode is that the gearbox starts away in second gear.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I guess the moral is "make sure you thoroughly test a car before you buy" I was lucky and I got to have a few drives in the development cars before I committed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts