XF Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gawjus got a slight seeing to today. It was my first maintenance wash after the full detailing session a couple of weeks ago. A maintenance wash is a regular wash that's carried out every couple of weeks. It shouldn't take more than a couple of hours from start to finish.

Interior
A quick vacuum of the carpet mats and wipe down of the dashboard and seats with a damp microfibre cloth.

Time: 15 minutes

Wheels
The wheels and arches were rinsed with my Karcher pressure washer to remove any loose dirt. Then a liberal spraying of Bilberry wheel cleaner onto each wheel, left on for five minutes and agitated with a small spnge for the wheel face and an Autoglym Hi-Tech Wheel Brush for the wheel bolts and other crevices. The wheels were rinsed with plenty of high-pressure water from the Karcher, taking care to keep the end of the lance a couple of feet away from the wheels surface and avoiding hitting the wheel surface square-on with the water. I didn't bother cleaning the inside of the wheel surfaces but the Bilberry cleaner managed to remove most of the grime by itself, without any agitation required.

Time: 30 minutes

Wash & Dry
I used my Karcher pressure washer to wash off any large bits of dirt clinging to the paintwork. Once the car was jet washed, I used Duragloss 901 shampoo mixed in a bucket of COLD water (cold water works better for some reason) and applied with a Meguiar's Microfibre Wash Mitt. As the sun was popping out every few minutes I only washed a panel at a time and then gave the whole car a good rinsing with the pressure washer to keep it soaked. It is fatal to let the car shampoo dry on your paintwork! The effects of the Collinite 476S wax were very visible as water beaded up nicely and rinsed off the paintwork very easily.

Once the whole car was shampooed, it was given a final rinse with plenty of water from the pressure washer. Then I dried it with a microfibre towel, wringing it out when it got too wet.

Finally the door edges, fuel filler flap, exhaust tips, boot and bonnet edges were cleaned with a damp microfibre cloth.

Time: 40 minutes

Quick Detailer
To enhance the gloss shine on the paintwork and remove any water spots, I treated the paintwork with Meguiar's Last Touch Detailer. This was sprayed on and wiped off immediately with a microfibre towel. This step is well worth carrying out if you want to really enhance the lustre of your cars paintwork. The whole car takes just 15 minutes to quick detail.

Windows
Autoglym Fast Glass was used for the exterior window surfaces. This was wiped off with a microfibre towel.

Time: 10 minutes

Tyres
The tyres were dressed with Mothers Reflections Advanced Tire Care.

Time: 5 minutes

Wheels (again)
Once the rest of the car was completed, I used the microfibre cloth that was used for the Meguair's Quick Detailer to wipe each wheel clean. This removes any tyre dressing and water spots.

Stand back and admire! The results were truly stunning and the effort of the full detail session from a couple of weeks ago meant that the car wasn't that dirty to start with.

·
Administrator
22,509 Posts
Roma said:
Gawjus got a slight seeing to today. It was my first maintenance wash after the full detailing session a couple of weeks ago. A maintenance wash is a regular wash that's carried out every couple of weeks. It shouldn't take more than a couple of hours from start to finish.

Interior
A quick vacuum of the carpet mats and wipe down of the dashboard and seats with a damp microfibre cloth.

Wheels
The wheels and arches were rinsed with my Karcher pressure washer to remove any loose dirt. Then a liberal spraying of Bilberry wheel cleaner onto each wheel, left on for five minutes and agitated with a small spnge for the wheel face and an Autoglym Hi-Tech Wheel Brush for the wheel bolts and other crevices. The wheels were rinsed with plenty of high-pressure water from the Karcher, taking care to keep the end of the lance a couple of feet away from the wheels surface and avoiding hitting the wheel surface square-on with the water. I didn't bother cleaning the inside of the wheel surfaces but the Bilberry cleaner managed to remove most of the grime by itself, without any agitation required.

Time: 30 minutes

Wash & Dry
I used my Karcher pressure washer to wash off any large bits of dirt clinging to the paintwork. Once the car was jet washed, I used Duragloss 901 shampoo mixed in a bucket of COLD water (cold water works better for some reason) and applied with a Meguiar's Microfibre Wash Mitt. As the sun was popping out every few minutes I only washed a panel at a time and then gave the whole car a good rinsing with the pressure washer to keep it soaked. It is fatal to let the car shampoo dry on your paintwork! The effects of the Collinite 476S wax were very visible as water beaded up nicely and rinsed off the paintwork very easily.

Once the whole car was shampooed, it was given a final rinse with plenty of water from the pressure washer. Then I dried it with a microfibre towel, wringing it out when it got too wet.

Finally the door edges, fuel filler flap, exhaust tips, boot and bonnet edges were cleaned with a damp microfibre cloth.

Time: 40 minutes

Quick Detailer
To enhance the gloss shine on the paintwork and remove any water spots, I treated the paintwork with Meguiar's Last Touch Detailer. This was sprayed on and wiped off immediately with a microfibre towel. This step is well worth carrying out if you want to really enhance the lustre of your cars paintwork. The whole car takes just 15 minutes to quick detail.

Windows
Autoglym Fast Glass was used for the exterior window surfaces. This was wiped off with a microfibre towel.

Time: 10 minutes

Tyres
The tyres were dressed with Mothers Reflections Advanced Tire Care.

Wheels (again)
Once the rest of the car was completed, I used the microfibre cloth that was used for the Meguair's Quick Detailer to wipe each wheel clean. This removes any tyre dressing and water spots.

Stand back and admire! The results were truly stunning and the effort of the full detail session from a couple of weeks ago meant that the car wasn't that dirty to start with.
Roma,
Your thorough cleaning is causing supporting banner ads on the site, see an example below.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts