XF Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

In a couple of months I'll be buying a new (used) car, and I have narrowed my options down to two... BMW 5 series, and Jaguar XF. I'm leaning towards the Jaguar, and specifically the XF 3.0d V6 S Portfolio model, 2013 onwards.

I'm currently driving a 2004 MG ZT CDTi which I've had for quite a long time, but I suspect that it won't pass the MOT next year, so it's time to change!

Now, I'm a big guy and I tend to drive the ZT with the seat as low as possible and as far back as possible so my belly doesn't get in the way of steering! So I want to know more about the interior space on the XF. Ideally if anyone has a photo showing the driving seat and steering wheel with the seat all the way back and as low as possible, and the steering column as close to the dash as possible, it would give me a good sense of how comfortable I could be. But any and all info is welcome.

I hope someone can help! Cheers.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I’m 6’ 2” in the old money (not a UK resident) and drive a 2012 XF. I prefer the seat as low as possible, if only to provide support for my legs. I don’t put the seat all the way back, nor is the steering wheel all the way back or forward. Unless your belly is huge, or your legs very short, you won’t have a problem. Not sure that taking a photo would help, since everyone has a different interpretation of what is comfortable. My main problem is that I have cyclist’s thighs, and if the steering wheel is set as low as it can go, there isn’t a lot of room to stretch the legs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all,

In a couple of months I'll be buying a new (used) car, and I have narrowed my options down to two... BMW 5 series, and Jaguar XF. I'm leaning towards the Jaguar, and specifically the XF 3.0d V6 S Portfolio model, 2013 onwards.

I'm currently driving a 2004 MG ZT CDTi which I've had for quite a long time, but I suspect that it won't pass the MOT next year, so it's time to change!

Now, I'm a big guy and I tend to drive the ZT with the seat as low as possible and as far back as possible so my belly doesn't get in the way of steering! So I want to know more about the interior space on the XF. Ideally if anyone has a photo showing the driving seat and steering wheel with the seat all the way back and as low as possible, and the steering column as close to the dash as possible, it would give me a good sense of how comfortable I could be. But any and all info is welcome.

Hi all,

Hi,
I too am a big guy.
6ft 6” with a big belly.
I find the interior space limited compared to my e-class that I traded in on my XF-S 2017.
Electric seat is set all the way down and all the way back and my head still touches the head lining.
Once in the car I am comfortable and happy to drive the car many miles without a problem. Getting in and out of the car however is a bit of a struggle, compared to the e-class.
Honestly with hindsight I probably would still buy it because the driving experience is so good and the comfort is better than the merc, but if you are someone that climbs in and out of the car a lot, then I would take a day long test drive or longer if you can get one to see how it suits your size.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts