XF Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the B & W system and want to listen to Test Match Special on 198 LW. Any idea where or if that is possible?

·
Registered
171 Posts
I haven't had long wave on a car radio for years. As long wave is simply a name given to frequencies in a given range most modern tuners can receive 'long wave' broadcasts as the long wave frequencies reside at the bottom end of the radios AM range.

While we're discussing the AM tuner... has anyone else noticed that it won't store and hold AM frequencies? Maybe I need to refer to the manual*.

* I'm a boy - I only read manuals when all other, more practical attempts at getting it to do what I want have failed :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Do you have the DAB radio option?

Test Match Special is on Radio Five Live Extra on DAB. Earlier today I think they were also broadcasting it on Radio Five AM.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Yep, DAB is the answer

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I found it on DAB, just in time to hear the West Indies follow on. :D :D
Qhunter - I have had no problems with storing AM stations, same procedures as for FM and DAB.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Meant to reply earlier. Long Wave is supported by the Jaguar radio. Just go to the top or bottom of the am band (with the tuning button) and then it goes automatically into Long Wave after which it will go through the Long Wave frequencies.

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
MikeL said:
Meant to reply earlier. Long Wave is supported by the Jaguar radio. Just go to the top or bottom of the am band (with the tuning button) and then it goes automatically into Long Wave after which it will go through the Long Wave frequencies.
Well, we live and learn.
I did try searching the other day but was waylaid by Radio 5 Live on AM and that was that.
Thank you :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts