XF Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Based on recent experience I understand that linking to other threads on other forums is not something that is accepted on this forum. I recently responded to a member's request to get some information on fitting the splash guards and I resorted to sending them a 'pm' with the appropriate link, I would have preferred to post the link directly so all members would have had the benefit of the information.

If this approach is the way that members of this forum wish to take then I will respect that, however I suspect that the majority of members would welcome cross linking to other useful information as it will give people more information to make informed decisions and help resolve any problems or queries more effectively.

I believe that the sponsor of this site has no inherent problems with cross linking to other forums, but I would welcome any comments on the above approach.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is a shame my first post has to be a slightly negative one, i would not have found this site if it were not for a link from another one, lots of members of many sites cross link to get all the info they need to make there buying experiences great and complete.

The XF, which has had its issues, is no different, we own two Jagaurs and we love them both, i am a member of a Jaguar site, and X-Type site and a couple of XF sites, as well as a MG site and ARONLINE, with the exception of this one, from the comment above, ALL of them actively encourage info from other sites, it keeps theirs fresh and alive.

Not to allow, for what ever reason, cross chat, will eventually encourage members to leave and go elsewhere, thus damaging not only the site but by association the product that they own.

As a mod on another forum, i am as guilty of the next guy, i post maninly in the news section and nearly all posts there are from sources other than the forum,and with my new found sources within Jaguar i am able to provide members with advance info (like next weeks video) and arrange events with the association of Jaguar, it keeps people informed and actively encourages interaction between the many 100's of members that we have and are continuing to get, we may not be the biggest or the best (although i think we are the best), but we still get between 20 and 40 new members every month.

i look forward to the possibilty of future posting here, and wont apologise if i happen to mention something on another forum, that would be like the BBC not admitting that ITV exists, i do hope that this minor error is incorrect and many members from other forums can feel as though they are welcome here, there and anywhere without threat of BANNING.

Oh yes........ RIP Micheal Jackson

·
Administrator
433 Posts
There is no problem with relevant links from any site being posted in this forum. This is what makes the internet go round.

Anyone who has an issue feel free to PM me.

{Edited to add - I imagine we are really discussing this site http://www.xfforum.com. - Its another excellent XF Forum}

1 - 5 of 5 Posts