XF Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to my XF (keyless entry & keyless start) standing for long periods of time in the garage. How long before I am unable to open the driver's door (flat battery) using the keyless entry?. The emergency entry is the passenger door which is up against a wall and can't be accessed.

·
Registered
204 Posts
L1RHO said:
Due to my XF (keyless entry & keyless start) standing for long periods of time in the garage. How long before I am unable to open the driver's door (flat battery) using the keyless entry?. The emergency entry is the passenger door which is up against a wall and can't be accessed.
The battery mileage may vary for different users. I've not charged mine for weeks now. You can always dock the key when you drive from point-to-point to renew the charge if you think it's going to go flat.

When I got my car, I was given two keys. You may wish to charge one up and leave it somewhere convenient for an emergency.

Also, you can park in the opposite direction so the passenger ISN'T against a wall..! :lol:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mauler, Bit of a miss understanding I mean the main car battery. The car can remain in the Garage for longer than 4 weeks. Park in the garage other way then I can't get out of the drivers door!. Spent all 2007 in Singapore not far from Holland village, Awesome place, drank in Harry's Orchard Towers.

·
Registered
204 Posts
L1RHO said:
Thanks Mauler, Bit of a miss understanding I mean the main car battery. The car can remain in the Garage for longer than 4 weeks. Park in the garage other way then I can't get out of the drivers door!. Spent all 2007 in Singapore not far from Holland village, Awesome place, drank in Harry's Orchard Towers.
Oops! Sorry for the misunderstanding!

Holland Village is not far from where I live.

Hope you enjoyed it enough to come back again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts