XF Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have Dove Grey leather seats in my 3.0 D and would like to give them their first clean, what products are you guys using and would recommend?

·
Registered
71 Posts
i used autoglym leather care cream today on mine, im not sure if its any good or not but it was easy to use.
in the jag wallet it says to use soapy water but surely thats not enough to keep it in good condition but what do i know?
ive noticed my car seems to have lost the leather smell :(

·
Administrator
22,471 Posts
ive noticed my car seems to have lost the leather smell :(
That's because either you or others are not closing the door fast enough :D

You need Gliptone Aroma Pads under the seats and you will be back to that just new smell again.

In truth others will be able to smell that which you have acclimatized to.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone else with some wisdom or advice?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
103 Posts
I can vouch for Gliptone products as I have used them for years. I re painted the leather seats in my SD1 and n my Vanden Plas Princess 1300 with fantastic results.

As for cleaning leather sets which are soiled this may sound very controversial but I use one of the missus's kitchen spray with added bleach. Secret is to wet the area first, spray on lightly then rub off using a wet micro fibre cloth. Only do one seat area at a time and best to test an area out of sight first.

I have used this method on both cars and in our home lounge suits for years.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I use Meguiars gold leather cleaner and find it works very well , cannot compare it to anything else as I have only tried this and i am happy !!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Without doubt Gliptone products are best, particularly the conditioner, it has that old fashioned leather smell, do your seats once a month and the smell will be a permanent feature.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts