XF Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got by XF on the 1st Sept, 2.7 in black with ivory leather and chrome side vents, looks really good.
Has anyone gone for the leaper for their xf. I see Arden have them for sale, they say they are legal as they are removable but if they are that removable someone is going to walk away with it if you park up in any public place.
Whats has been the experience of others?

·
Administrator
22,509 Posts
kenstarsix said:
Got by XF on the 1st Sept, 2.7 in black with ivory leather and chrome side vents, looks really good.
Has anyone gone for the leaper for their xf. I see Arden have them for sale, they say they are legal as they are removable but if they are that removable someone is going to walk away with it if you park up in any public place.
Whats has been the experience of others?
Have we seen a picture of your beauty yet :?:
Would the Leaper you have seen be the thing that crawls along the entire car :eek:

·
Registered
22 Posts
When I was talking to a dealer he said that they couldn't fit them for health and safety reasons but that in America they could fit them.

·
Administrator
22,509 Posts
Waylon said:
When I was talking to a dealer he said that they couldn't fit them for health and safety reasons but that in America they could fit them.
If you are talking about the original Leaper that sat on the bonnet then I am sure that it would be a major concern all round. Keep in mind that the safety regulations have caused Jaguar to incorporate an "exploding" device in the bonnet to lessen impact on a body collision and therefore I am sure they will never allow what would be seen as something akin to a bayonet being fixed on the top. :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Bonnet ornaments are all over the place in the UAE, nearly all luxury cars and SUV's have them, including Jags. It seems that the Eurozone H&S rules will take a little longer to filter over to here. Gladly though, I've yet to see an XF with a "Leaper" attached. :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts