XF Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Another newbie just joined for hints, tips, advice and general conviviality.

I have recently bought a 15 plate Sportbrake Portfolio in Italian Racing Red and quite enjoying it. Baring in mind the pandemic induced working from home I haven't really been in a position to enjoy as much as I could so still very much on the learning curve.

Ok, so it was second hand but there are a number of first world niggles I was looking for help with, and yes I have tried to search the forums to get a direct answer.

Near side Wing mirror. The motor works but there is no movement. I've tried the two button press, fold it in, fold out, fold in forward combinations but there seems to be a mechanical fault. The proximity lights work fine. There is a whirring/clicking noise that lasts a few seconds but no movement.

Tuning lights. I've had these on other cars and I think they should work the same way. However, with or without the indicator active, they don't move in either direction when steering at low speed.

ECO stop/start. Pressing the switch indicates on or off but the engine doesn't switch off when stationary for any period of time. I have a feeling this may be related to low battery level? As I indicated above, it hasn't moved a great deal over the past month and I did get a very brief "low battery" indicator yesterday before I took it out. Is this a likely solution?

Not an auspicious start, sorry for that, but cathartic.

Cheers
Rich

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hi RmidXF, it's great to welcome you to the forums.
The only thing I can offer a comment on is the ECO Stop/Start. It's quite surprising how many things have to be aligned for the Jag to stop the engine under ECO, but your right one of the most common is the condition of the battery and is definitely a good place to look before delving deeper.
Edit: A quick thought on the tuning (sic) lights. They sound like something that can be configured on/off somewhere in the vehicle settings.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
I don't know the newest XF's, but on the one I have, the lights don't turn. Instead there is a separate light bulb, that lights up to act as a turning light. But not all XF's have that.

·
Registered
41 Posts
For the active cornering lights, don't you have to set the switch to 'Auto'? The cornering lights also don't work below 45Kmh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts