Administrator
22,497 Posts
Welcome to the forum abs133 :)
Are you saying that the engine will not start or that doors will not unlock :?:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi

What model of XF do you have i.e. the Jaguar Smart Key system with keyless entry is not standard on Luxury models. If you do have a Luxury model, did you specify keyless entry as an option?

·
Registered
70 Posts
As pilotp1 says keyless start is fitted across the range but keyless entry is an option.
The easiest way to tell if it has keyless entry is the small black rubber covered square on the handle which is used as part of the keylees entry system.If present its fitted if not it doesnt.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aha, i Just checked.. my car does not have the plastic.. so i guess the feature is not fitted..

·
Registered
18 Posts
I can't believe Jaguar makes the Lux without the keyless entry. My wife's very cheap Nissan Rogue comes standard with keyless entry. It's the greatest feature, I wouldn't buy a car without it. I debated the Lux vs. the premium and I didn't know that the Lux didn't have it. Thankfully, I chose the premium. The keyless entry alone is worth the extra 5K.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I needed to have keyless entry to match the system on my friends Bentley. However, I dispute it is work £5k!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts