XF Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am having issues with the keyless auto lock. My understanding is that if you walk away from the XF, it should auto lock.
I have followed the instructions in the manaul but have had no success. Any idea?

Thanks
Dev

·
Registered
618 Posts
You need to press the button on the door handle twice to lock the car. My understanding is that if you dont it will eventually single lock but after how long im not sure.

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
Welcome to the forum devhirani :)
If your key doesn't respond in the manner described in the manual I think you should get down to your dealer quickly.
It would be helpful if you would complete a little of your user profile section, particularly your location; it's good to see where in the world members are :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep there is no auto lock feature, but it can be locked by pressing the button twice on the door.

Thanks guys for the advice.

Sorry about the late reply, I only found the replys a few weeks ago. i'm also a newbie to forum too! Its v.useful. I will use it more often from now on. cheers

·
Registered
102 Posts
I think if you unlock the car with the key fob but then don't open a door for 30 seconds or so the car will lock itself again (not sure if this is 2010 models only)

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
iceman said:
I think if you unlock the car with the key fob but then don't open a door for 30 seconds or so the car will lock itself again (not sure if this is 2010 models only)
Mine does the same iceman, mine is an 08 model, I think it is a feature of keyless entry on all models ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts