XF Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We get a bit of a delay with mags over here, but I noticed a nice page spread on your tuning of the XF in the Autocar mag, I think it was 5th of march issue.
They were more than impressed with your tuning, even going as far as to say it was a better option for existing owners than going for the new 3L D!
Seems he wasn't enamoured by your wheels mind, but that's down to personal taste.
Good review in all though.

·
Vendor
561 Posts
Glad you thought it was good, they did about 300 miles in the car over a week so I was actually expecting a little more. They'd also set the tyre pressures wrong so when the car came back it's ride and steering weren't right, which was a shame. To be fair as it is an early car it doesn't have 20" tyres on the label so they set them to the 31 psi all round of the other sizes, 20" needs to run at 34psi all round. The XF is very sensitive to tyre pressures, 2psi either way and the ride and steering fall away in performance (and this isn't because of our tune the standard car is just the same). In fact I've never known a car so sensitive to tyre pressures.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts