XF Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Land Rover, although they are identical cover to Jaguar, who quoted me £950. Not sure why Jag charge more?

This includes breakdown cover in the UK and Europe. A separate quote from the AA for the same was over £150.

Of course, Sod's Law dictates nothing now will go wrong with my Jag for the next year (which I'll be very happy about of course!)

Did I get a good deal? I've seen figures of over a £1000 quoted for similar cover. I'm guessing the mileage is a factor (My car is a 4 year old XFS with 30000 on the clock).

·
Registered
33 Posts
If this is the Jaguar Approved extended warranty (actually run by Car Care Plan) then that is what I have also just taken out on my XF which has just reached its manufacturers warranty end date. You can buy it from your Jaguar dealer or direct from them.

Mine costs me £809 this year (paid at £80.90 over 10 months) and includes the Jaguar Assist UK & European breakdown cover. If I hadn't taken the breakdown cover it would have been £729.00.

I did ask if there was an 'negotiation' on the price but this is the standard price wherever you buy it from.

My Jaguar dealer did say that the price I have is for the 4th year, but after that it increases to £999 (with breakdown) or £919 without.

Same situation really, expect nothing will go wrong, as I only have 15000 miles on the clock, but wanted some peace of mind!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yep, it is with Car Care Plan

If this is the Jaguar Approved extended warranty (actually run by Car Care Plan) then that is what I have also just taken out on my XF which has just reached its manufacturers warranty end date. You can buy it from your Jaguar dealer or direct from them.

Mine costs me £809 this year (paid at £80.90 over 10 months) and includes the Jaguar Assist UK & European breakdown cover. If I hadn't taken the breakdown cover it would have been £729.00.

I did ask if there was an 'negotiation' on the price but this is the standard price wherever you buy it from.

My Jaguar dealer did say that the price I have is for the 4th year, but after that it increases to £999 (with breakdown) or £919 without.

Same situation really, expect nothing will go wrong, as I only have 15000 miles on the clock, but wanted some peace of mind!
It is peace of mind, and you can pay monthly for no extra cost, £85 a month isn't too bad really for a manufacturer approved warranty, a single fuel up costs the same.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi,
I politely declined the kind offer. I have an almost-4yr old 3L Petrol XF and decided it was a game of risk, in other words, will I incur £900-ish of repairs this year ?
I am risking that I won't, so didn't renew the Jaguar warranty. Car has only done 40k and I am sure it will be fine. Famous last words eh ??? :)

I already have RAC membership anyway (£110 for joint inc home start, don't pay any more than that) so the Jaguar Assistance is almost irrelevant.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm paying the £89 (?) a month on my soon to be four year old XF which provides peace of mind. Not had any issues however my previous 'S' type developed a fault with the self levelling headlight ~ the cure was diagnosed as needing a new headlight assembly at a very reasonable £600 :cry:

So don't underestimate the cost of Jaguar parts and bear in mind that one you decide to do without there's no going back to a 'Jaguar' warranty.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm paying the £89 (?) a month on my soon to be four year old XF which provides peace of mind. Not had any issues however my previous 'S' type developed a fault with the self levelling headlight ~ the cure was diagnosed as needing a new headlight assembly at a very reasonable £600 :cry:

So don't underestimate the cost of Jaguar parts and bear in mind that one you decide to do without there's no going back to a 'Jaguar' warranty.
Not quite sure what you mean by that last part 'that one you decide to do without there's no going back to a 'Jaguar' warranty'.

I've recently bought an almost 4 year old second hand XF and bought the Jaguar Approved Warranty for £700.

·
Registered
104 Posts
'that once you decide to do without there's no going back to a 'Jaguar' warranty'

Was advised exactly that ~ if you don't continue cover you can't go back.

In your case the warranty is a new policy so once it's due for renewal i'd ask the question.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Its sort of scary really... Guys here are talking about cars with 30 or 40,000 miles on the clock yet they are paying £900 for a years warranty. I wouldnt expect I would have to pay for an extended warranty on a Ford Focus let alone my XF Jag. Are these supposed to be quality cars or not.... Have I made a big mistake in buying one because im starting to wonder. I have bought a 2013 with 21,000 miles and I sort of expected it to do at least 80,000 trouble free and cost free motoring apart from the annual servicing. Id appreciate some opinions on this because reading these forums is making me think I have dropped a big one.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My decision to extend my Jaguar 3 year warranty (run by Car Care Plan) was not based on my 2011 XF being unreliable, just that I'm a cautious sort of person that would rather have the peace of mind knowing that most big things should be covered. I was also told that if I didn't extend before the end of my 3 year warranty I couldn't take it out at all.

The alternative is to put the money to one side and not bother with a warranty, chancing that all will be OK and you'll end up with the money to use for something else (sods law says knowing my luck something big would go). I did look at Warrantywise and Warranty Direct who are all cheaper for their annual, 2 and 3 year policies, but the Car Care Plan warranty also includes the Jaguar Assist breakdown - I know they send out their own technicans who are very knowledgeable about all things Jaguar. It will remain to be seen how any claim goes, if I have anything play up, but I know from the outset that wear and tear are not covered with this warranty.

For me it was a purely a peace of mind decision to extend by a year.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think it’s mainly peace of mind if something goes wrong with a high value car it’s going to cost a high value price
I have just gone with warranty direct as recommended by what car and telegraph money, I had gone online and requested a quote which came back at £780 for a 2010 3ltr sport with 55000 miles the next day I got a call from them if I bought now I can have it for £650 then they said that I could have 4 months free (16 for 12) this includes wear and tear and damage caused to none warranted parts by warranted parts also I can use Jaguar garages. Also I can pay quarterly with no charges

·
Registered
295 Posts
Its sort of scary really... Guys here are talking about cars with 30 or 40,000 miles on the clock yet they are paying £900 for a years warranty. I wouldnt expect I would have to pay for an extended warranty on a Ford Focus let alone my XF Jag. Are these supposed to be quality cars or not.... Have I made a big mistake in buying one because im starting to wonder. I have bought a 2013 with 21,000 miles and I sort of expected it to do at least 80,000 trouble free and cost free motoring apart from the annual servicing. Id appreciate some opinions on this because reading these forums is making me think I have dropped a big one.
as xfjag has said, it's about peace of mind a lot of the time. I bought a 2008 recently and had to get a warranty to guarantee some element of the ownership costs. I'd say they are quality cars, but they're also hugely complex with very modern technology. Remember you'll often get a large number of members that sign up to find out what is wrong with their car or ask wider opinion. There will be thousands of perfectly happy customers that don't sign up.

If you have a local dealer you like and trust, the warranty does bring an element of security. If not, a private warranty and a decent independent garage will work well. Or don't get a warranty and bank the cash to pay for a repair if something does go wrong. All cars are susceptible, these don't seem any different to me.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
... Have I made a big mistake in buying one because im starting to wonder. I have bought a 2013 with 21,000 miles and I sort of expected it to do at least 80,000 trouble free and cost free motoring apart from the annual servicing. Id appreciate some opinions on this because reading these forums is making me think I have dropped a big one.
I wouldn´t worry gordonv10. Your warranty runs until 2016 anyway and IF there is a basic problem that should be sorted by then. I´ve got a facelift (from MY2012 onward) too and am not in the least worried once my warranty runs out (end of this year). Guess the extended warranty helps having some peace of mind if you buy a second hand car and don´t know how it´s been treated.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Id not worry about it gordonv10. I've run XFs for 6 years now, the first was an SV8 and I put 70k+ miles on it over 5 years with no problems. I've only had the XFR for a year and have done 15k miles with no issues. Hope this helps a little :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts